Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Babygirl..

Actually its a site for all JW`s..

DF/DA/Pro-WBT$/Anti-WBT$..

I certainly Don`t consider myself Apostate..

I wont allow the WBT$ to have any control over my life..Including Labeling me..

I really don`t like the Bastards!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Children want to please their parents much more than any God, when they are youing. Children often want to find favor with and emulate mom and dad because there is a certain unspoken acceptance and alliance if they do - so although you can profess to raise a child by telling him he can do what his conscience dictates, he cannot help but look at you to see what he should be doing with that conscience.

I think it's good to give him choices but it could easily be more confusing and I would wonder if his choices would include you taking him to a number of different Sunday schools so that he could experience other religions as well to broaden his experiences. sammieswife.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"You cannot eat at the table of demons and the table of God (the WTS)."

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

You may not put a label on yourself, but I'm sure JW's would consider you an apostate. just sayin'

I'm also sure Elders would consider this an apostate site as well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BabyGirl..

I absolutely agree with you..

Your right..

JW`s and JW Elders would consider me an Apostate..

The fact is..

They don`t control my life..Or who I am..

Any attempt at that..

Will bring them a Shit-Load of Trouble..

There comes a time when we have to Free Ourselves of the WBT$..

Including they`re over stepping of personal bounderies..

Into our private lives..

.............................OUTLAW

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Agreed Outlaw by accepting their definition of the word you give them more power.

• dinah
    dinah

Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of little children.

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I was 6 I was asked to "decide for myself". It was really a fantastic idea to let me decide, with my own free will, completely free of coercion.

"Now you know how the kh has kids and you like to play with them afterwards?

"And daddy's church doesn't have that?

"And if you go to the kh, Jehoho will be happy, but if you go to daddy's church, he'll be sad?

"And if you go to the kh, you'll get to live forever in paradise, petting lions and playing all the time?"

Yes, mommy.

"OK then, which church do you want to go to?"

Well, if I go to the kh, then I can't have Christmas or birthdays.

"Yes, but Armageddon will be here before Christmas or your birthday. All the people who celebrate those things will be dead by Christmastime, and paradise will be here."

Oh, I guess the kh then.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of little children.

Maybe your children's!

Some of us have different names on our lips.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Most times my parents didn't allow us to do holidays things (trick or treat, sing holiday songs, etc) but we were allowed to watch holiday cartoons. I remember being in a holiday program when I was 8. But there was always the formal restriction of "we don't celebrate holidays/birthdays". My parents never pushed us to commit to being a jw (taking that dip) which I think lead to none of us becoming jws. My mother has spoken about that and she doesn't regret not pushing us but she does want us to be jws...still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit