Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Angel Eyes, you said you would not poison your children's minds with "apostate" literature yet you would allow them to celebrate a holiday like Halloween which celebrates demonic beings including Satan. You've already been called out on that. You also just said:

"I said about freedom because many on here feel they were raised with restrictions. We restrict where there are dangers. We believe its our business how we raise our family(not saying that in a nasty way) not anyone else's. correct?"

Yet, as many others have been reminding you all along, that is grossly misrepresentative of the JW practices. You have also been advised by AllTimeJeff to keep your opinions/practices secret. The problem with that is that you would be living a double life like many JWs do. How, especially when you're going door to door with literature that contradicts what your opinions and actions are, can you avoid being regarded as a hypocrite?

Don't take that as an insult but do take it seriously angel eyes.

villabolo

• asilentone
    asilentone

AE, I think your children are confused right now, you have alot of work to do to make things right.

• villabolo
    villabolo

angel eyes:

"Its sad that many on here feel we are doing wrong....i thought you all wanted freedom, i must have misread what you've all been saying over the past few months...just make your minds up.lol"

In theory you may have misunderstood what one or two of us have said but not all of us. You said that what we think about you is "sad" yet one sentence later you end it with "lol". Don't you see the inconsistency in those two contradictory statements?

villabolo

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

We believe its our business how we raise our family(not saying that in a nasty way) not anyone else's. correct?

NO..that is NOT correct. It is the Watchtower's business how you raise your kids and it is the Brothers and Sisters sitting in the KH that make it their business and it is the business of all your family and friends. In a far bigger sense, it is the business of the entire community that you live in, if and when you take your child out in service or he goes alone. It is the business of every parent who, if your child attends school, has your son attending with them should he decide to start preaching the 'good' word during class.

Your title for the subject implies one thing but clearly your personal agenda in raising your children, is actually another. A child raised as a JW has no choices because should he enact his freedom to choose in a way that is outside the WTS rules, either you or he will pay the ultimate price.

If your son decided by his own choice, to attend the Catholic church in order to see what it was like and if he found he liked it - how long would it be before you were all called in by the Elders and told to choose? If your son wanted to experience life as a military man and enlisted - how long before you would be called on the carpet for his choice? A JW can only make choices that fall inside the accepted parameters of the WTS and that does not constitute freedom to learn, experience or make decisions for one's life that may be best for them. Major decisions in our lives don't come from just a Halloween party or a Christmas present - they come from a lifetime of allowance to learn, to question and to explore.

I am not being nasty - I just think that in the end, if your son reached the age of 16 and decided to do something out of bounds, you quite possibly could be forced to make decisions regarding your own belief system and it doesn't sound as if you are thinking of all aspects of 'freedom' to make decisions. sammieswife.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

our kids are happy kids, thats all we want :) they love Jah and love being apart of the truth. We raise them in a well balanced way and thats being a good parent. I have been a jw for 12years and in that time ive always been happy serving Jah and always will be. I stand before Jah when the end comes and im fine with that. Jehovah will judge me and its he who see's my heart :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have been a jw for 12years and in that time ive always been happy serving Jah and always will be..

Angel Eyes..

You`ve been a Jehovah`s Witness for 12 years..

You do whatever you want..Whenever you want..

WITH NO CONSEQUENSE`S!!..

And..

As stated in one of your posts..

You can`t find the "Huge Contribution Box`s" in Kingdom Hall`s..

Even though all of us know..

Those "Huge Contribution Box`s" are placed in a Conspicuous Place..

That everyone must pass..

To get in and out of a Kingdom Hall..

Your Simply not Believable..

...............................OUTLAW

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Nope i find it hard to find the contribution box...i had to ask a sister once at the london Bethal, so embarrasing, but i couldnt find it.

Yup 12years now and love every bit of it, yes it has its trials but im still hanging in there :)

not bold yet, might be by the time the end comes with satans attacks and stresses of life...lmho

• nelly136
    nelly136

Elders are too busy to even spare time to talk about normal things

ok get it now. cats away mice will play.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Hmmm nelly now you got me thinking lol

• journey-on
    journey-on

You are like a few who have come and gone on this board. You strategize. Your attempt to "open the eyes" of the readers and participators on this board by making it look like they actually have choices in the WTS is laughable.

You are either not a very active witness and are riding the fence, or you really believe you can "save" someone from leaving by your verbal attempts to smooth out the hard lines of the Society's harsh rigid rules. Making them think you can actually do what you say you and your hubby are doing is unfair. Like I said, if you are really a strong active witness, your line is laughable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit