Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i take it you havent ever been a jw then. Thats clearly obvious, because you would understand how important it is to raise children knowing bible principles AND having freedom of choice rather than being raised without choice, as some on here have. That's why they understand why we have raised our children this way.

• VIII
    VIII

Run Forrest, Run!!

Yes, I was raised as a JW.

No, I didn't like it.

No, I didn't have a choice. Jehovah would kill me at Armageddon if I didn't get baptized. Armageddon didn't come around in 1975. His bad.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AE,

You will allow you child to read apostate material ?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

not apostate material no. Why would i want to poison their minds....i love my children.

If THEY want to be baptised when they are adults they can, if they dont then they wont have to.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

im going for dinner now, hubby has been kind to come in from work and cook, yummy...be on later or tomorrow...byeeeeeeeeeeee

• trebor
    trebor

yes my hubby is a jw.We both serve Jah.

Those are not mutually inclusive statements. Many would argue they are complete opposites. Being a JW for most means listening to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses seeing them as being God's sole channel of communication as they dispense 'pearls of wisdom' through the publications and instructional discourses owned by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

You and your hubby is a jw who according to your statments obviously pick and choose what Watchtower Society counsel and direction to follow. This as many jehovah's Witnesses knows shows a disobedient/rebelious spirit towards "Jehovah's Organization" [per the Watchtower Society].

-Trebor

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AE,

WHo decides what is apostate material by the way?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

You are so delusional!!!!!!!!!

I was born-in and raised in as a JW. My dad has always been the PO, my mom always a regular pioneer. Not one single time did they ever let me decide to celebrate a holiday or do anything considered "worldly". As a parent, they were responsible for all the actions of myself and my siblings. Even before being baptized, if I did something wrong I was counseled for it.

I call bullshit on everything you say regarding being a JW! At least learn what is acceptable and what is not with being a JW before posting your wild stories! Puleeze!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sylvia..

AE says her hubby is a JW..

That being said..

Sylvia,have you ever known a Jehovah`s Witness..

Like "Angel Eyes"..

That can do What she Wants..Whenever she Wants..

And..

Flaunt it in Front of the Congregation and Elders..

Without Serious Consequenses?..

..............................OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

In view of Simon's recent post concerning civility to the"angel eyes" catagory of poster I find I am unable to respond as I would like.

I'll leave it one word - hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit