Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

shelby, that sounds plausible.

honeymoon period would explain

***take it you havent ever been a jw then. Thats clearly obvious, because you would understand how important it is to raise children knowing bible principles AND having freedom of choice***

anyone whose ever been a jw knows that CHOICE means 'for' or 'against'

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i am speechless.

i'm liberal with my children, but I would never allow them to tell other witlesses what they do during the week

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thats right ynot....im being myself.

Yes im in good standing. Yes im a lover and good servent of Jah. Yes hubby and I are our childrens parents, no-one else, WE raise them, no-one else, we cltohe them no-one else...so WE teach them and WE stand before the throne of Jehovah. We are accountable....OUR conscience feels that our children should be able to decide. Its sad that many on here feel we are doing wrong....i thought you all wanted freedom, i must have misread what you've all been saying over the past few months...just make your minds up.lol

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    OUR conscience feels that our children should be able to decide. Its sad that many on here feel we are doing wrong....

I for one didn't say you were doing wrong. I said that you were misrepresenting Jehovah's Witnesses view of what you were doing. JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES think you are wrong, and will enforce it if you give them the chance. Protect whatever elder is allowing you to do this, because if the CO finds out, he is in trouble.

i thought you all wanted freedom, i must have misread what you've all been saying over the past few months...just make your minds up.lol

Gibberish nonesense that isn't even related to your topic.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I said about freedom because many on here feel they were raised with restrictions. We restrict where there are dangers.

We believe its our business how we raise our family(not saying that in a nasty way) not anyone else's. correct?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    We believe its our business how we raise our family(not saying that in a nasty way) not anyone else's. correct?

I agree with you. It isn't anyone else's business. Which leads me to wonder if you feel so strongly about this, why put it up for public consumption if ultimately, it doesn't matter to you what "we" think. (JW's or otherwise.)

There are many opinions I hold, and since I really don't care whether anyone agrees with me, I don't post them, as I don't feel the need to have internet acquaintences weigh in when it doesn't matter.

Again, I commend you for being willing to parent your children how you choose. Make sure that the elders, and esp, the CO, are unaware of your allowing your kids to celebrate holidays and birthdays, as that could get you disfellowshipped.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Thanks alltime jeff, I just shared it on here with some of my friends. Thanks again.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I said about freedom because many on here feel they were raised with restrictions.

I thought about whether to comment on this, and I think it bears a further thought.

JW's are often raised just like everyone else, by the whims of their parents. On that, I think you will find no disagreement.

However, your post centered around holidays (like Halloween) and birthdays. As I clearly demonstrated on the previous page of this thread, elders in particular are to vigorously prosecute anyone who disobeys this.

In this Jehovah's Witnesses clearly restrict believing parents from allowing their children to participate in these things, even under the guise of "we are letting our children decide".

To which I would say as an elder "But you have a responsibility to raise your children as JW's." To which you would (presumably) say "But we want our kids to make up their own minds to serve Jehovah, and if that means that they do some things their friends at school do, we are fine with that."

To which I would say as an elder "But for the sake of the cleanness and purity of the congregation, you are morally obligated to not allow the celebration of pagan holidays that dishoner Jehovah by anyone you are responsible for, esp your children. It is a bad example for them and for the congregation. Do you realize that if you allow this to go on, the elders will have to meet with you to see if you agree with the teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses"

To which you would (presumably) say "But I do!" To which I would say as an elder "Then if you do, you must be obedient to Jehovah by not permitting your children to have even the option of attending birthday parties or celebrating holidays like Halloween or Christmas. Do you understand the seriousness of this?"

AE, that is how Jehovah's Witnesses will treat you, so again, don't allow your liberal elder friend to get in trouble in covering up for you. The CO will DF you in a heartbeat.

In short, what you present here is not representative of how Jehovah's Witnesses and their elders handle situations such as yours.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thanks for pointing that out alltime jeff, i do appreciate it. Our kids are well raised, our son said he doesnt want to go to birthday partys and thats great with us, we want our children to grow up and thank us for not pushing them into things, its hard to get a balance but we dont want them doing things because they feel they HAVE to.

Elders are too busy to even spare time to talk about normal things...they really are.

If your at the meetings, handing in field service reports then thats it...your left alone, so hey thats just fine by us :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AE..

Good morning from the Great White North!

"OUR conscience feels that our children should be able to decide. Its sad that many on here feel we are doing wrong"..

..........I doubt anyone thinks your doing wrong..

What your saying is wrong..Jehovah`s Witness`s do not behave like you..

Your actions go totally against what the WBT$ allows..

.."i thought you all wanted freedom, i must have misread what you've all been saying over the past few months..

.just make your minds up.lol.."

..........What we want and how you behave are 2 different subjects..

1#:Yes we want our freedom..

2#:Your behaviour as Jehovah`s Witness is absolutely appaulling..

It would`nt be tolerated in any Kingdom Hall on the Planet..

Yet you expect us to believe what you say,is normal for JW`s..It`s Not!

It`s Absurd!

"We believe its our business how we raise our family(not saying that in a nasty way) not anyone else's. correct?"

..........Wrong again..Your a Jehovah`s Witness..

How you raise your children "is" the business of the WBT$..

Your local elders will enforce the rules placed on you,by the WBT$..

Your children now "belong",to the WBT$..

Shelby asked a good Question.."How long have you been a Jehovah`s Witness?..

.......................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit