Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

YKnot, I took your advice yesterday and was very calm and reasonable yesterday and tried to keep it Biblical...and accepting...taking her at her word. I come back on this thread today and simply see wild, and caustic accusation by her against a poster...stating other posters warned her about him and making dangerous insinuations about him.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well this thread has made the 200 club

• yknot
    yknot

I agree Isaac.....

I see her going into defensive mode.....

This is why I am saying we all need to give her some space.

I am sad that it has come down to such mud-slinging all of which is based on hearsay.

Isaac... I am going to PM you in a few minutes...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

I'm still not sure if this girl person is really as naive as it appears or a clever spin doctor, neither make much sense.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok, YKNot...I will await...and just know that my replies today were in response to the accusations.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think people are sick and tired of games. I'm all for encouraging - if it's taken seriously. But this poster must also take others into consideration and not make light of their plight. I am genuinely interested to like to see proof of some of the things she claims (about the organisation)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Defense mode/space is one thing- the accusation on Jookbeard, and throwing an unnamed poster to bolster is another...the same was done to me on another thread.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

unless this unnamed poster is my sister or brother in law, complete hard nosed Dubs LOL!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No sure how this got to this stage, LOL !
    AE made it clear that her idea of allowing her children to decide was to only allow them access to WT approved crap anyways.

"here you go little Timmy, you have the choice to decide to go in direction A or direction A, if you want another choice you can choose direction A and don't forget you also have the option to go direction A, if you don't choose direction A you have the choice to BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE AT ARMEGEDDON !!!!!!!".

• yknot
    yknot

PS

She mainly speaking about allowing them to sample 'worldly' traditions such as B-days and holidays. From there she desires her children to 'make the Truth their own' versus just going along with the status quo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit