Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

angel eyes

Be sure to take your kids door to door on Christmas day. Let them see what other kids do on Christmas. We will see what happens when they get older.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

punished wasn't the issue AE. Forced to do it, there was no yes, or no.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

lol jb.....oneday you maywell be a dad yourself, I hope its when your well though. You arent well enough yet for you are too bitter and angry,not nice for kids to grow up in. Our kids are happy and they love Jah and the truth....please get well soon.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Jwoods, i rarely answer you because i get lost with your comments, it seems that you are off on another topic...brainwashed ?

Yes, brainwashed. You provided the evidence for it yourself when you said your kid "loved to go door to door".

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

IA if thats the honest truth then im so sorry....i cant believe that kids were made to go on the ministry..why? they are just kids.

We take our kids everyother saturday, we have alternate saturdays where they dont go, we spend time with them or they go see friends,whatever they want to do, they are kids and we want them to be kids. Ive never seen anyone make their kids do the ministry...id be sickened by it.

I find some things on here hard to believe because some people are clearly unwell..JB being one of them, saying im not a jw, or pioneer blah blah thats fine then saying i dont have kids, cant have kids, was bed bound last week (even though was at work) but it shows he isnt well so whatever he says i never ever believe....but are you being honest and not jesting?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, AE, I am being honest...me and my sister HAD to go. It was not an option. My dad was stricter with my older sister as well- she HAD to comment every Sunday during the WT study...or make 3 attempts if not called on. If not, she was punished.

Field service for kids is not optional.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AE..

Yes I was Punished if I did`nt want to do FS..

So was every JW Kid I knew..

My parents told everyone I had a Choice..

Like every JW parent..They never said the choice was Field Service or Punishment..

They were good at sugar coating everything..Much like people notice with you..

...............................OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And no AE, I was not given the choice for b-days/holidays either. I would go to school and my mom would come get me before the parties. One time I begged her to let me stay and she said she can't because my dad would flip. I did not have the choice.

• yknot
    yknot

Asking questions are a good thing when trying to get to know or understand a person......

However you have done far more then just asking questions.....and there comes a time to ask 'to what end'. What is it you want to get from her and why is it so important to you versus allowing her to progress on her personal journey in her own time?

If you really think your haranguing is beneficial then why not practice it similar to building muscle? Does a person wanting to build muscle exercise those muscles everyday or does he allow a resting period for optimal benefit? Do you really engage and give proper time for A/E to discern deeply?

I guess what I am saying is that you are being overwhelming more then beneficial and unless you are a sadist you really should consider a more productive line of commentary and engagement. All you are doing right now is forcing her into a flee/fight status.

Sometimes you boys forget yourselves but in the end the aggressive position taken by you (and other men on this board) toward women can be just as upsetting in an online forum as it would be in person...... women may like to disagree but we rarely desire to take it to the level you boys often do in debating. ...... I am sorry but we like things to be gentle and coaxing rather then harsh and forceful.......similar to sex being a seduction versus a rape.

Rethink your approach.....honey/vinegar

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thats so cruel.....how can anyone claim to love Jesus and do that. no-one expects it though, i never expect to see sisters out with the kids, i dont expect kids to answer up either....if you force your kids you will end up pushing them away. I want our kids to always love us and to grow up saying they had a geat life, whatever it was they were doing, ministry, park,swimming,holidays abroad....kids are kids.

Id go mad if i saw a kid being punished for that, no kid has ever told me they had to go out or answer...i feel sick now, really i do.

But please can you see why somethings you say are alienated from me....ive never known this, also although some say things on here i clearly cannot believe what they say....but if you are being honest and i do believe you then im so sorry IA, honestly im sorry you were treated that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit