Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Let the children decide- that is totally in line with what the org teaches. LOL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE; Luke 6;37 quote that scripture from any translation other then the NWT

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

I think I'll join the JWs. It seems they are becoming more like any other social club.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Angel Eyes, I was raised a Witness and still counted as active. But, even the most liberal of JW parents would not allow their children to go to a holiday party, even one at school. I would have to sit in the office or just go home. I really didn't mind going home early though.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

lol going home early :) well our kids dont participate in prayer at shcool and dont do the religious class,our youngest isnt even at school yet,just the eldest. He doesnt get involved with xmas or easter plays etc and when the teachers ask does he want to do easter cards he says no thankyou and plays with toys, teachers are really good about it. I will take him out of school this xmas though, four days they are doing festive things, he doesnt want to do them and we have arranged to hopefully have a few days away.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE have you read AGuest's comment on you

• carla
    carla

How anyone can read the threads of human wreckage left in the wake of the wt here and elsewhere and still want to raise their children in the cult is beyond me. How one can be so blind or uncaring of the all the emotional, spiritual, and other unloving acts (not to mention the pedophilia problem) by jw's, cong's, elders, etc... is incomprehensible to me. For a mother who claims to love their child but yet would allow that same child to die at the whims of the elders and tries to tell me that is love? What kind of mother subjects their child to being considered 'weird' their entire life? not allowing them simple chidlhood pleasures?

On one hand you claim to want to let the kids decide yet you pull them out of all classroom activities that involve holidays. How does that give the child choice? How can they have a choice when you have fully indoctrinated them with the belief that making a wreath out of construction paper will doom them at the big A?

Parents like you never allow your child to grow up and use their own God given brain. You never allow them to truly develop character to see what they will do when no one is looking, they will always lack that inner strength because for jw's everything is about appearances to others, being seen in the public places as pious (or what they consider pious).

When it comes down to them actually making a choice and should they leave the man made org but still believe in God will you be ready to throw them out like the trash? Will you be ready to shun them for life? Should a terrible accident happen (God forbid) will you be ready to let your child die to man made rules?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The problem is Carla is that it's unlikely she has any children

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    The problem is Carla is that it's unlikely she has any children

Jookbeard, I feel where you are coming from, I honestly, really do. But we don't need to go down that road. It's impossible to prove regardless.

As far as I am concerned, AE has two kids, just as she says. And she allows them to do all kinds of forbidden things JW children cannot do. I find no reason to doubt her at all. I consider her a minute minority of JW's who have yet to be found out by CO's and Elders who would handle her "appropriately".

Maybe once that happens, she will be here, singing a different tune.

But there is no need for anyone here to try and turn into geneological investigators. Suffice to say, her words speak for themselves. Everyone can see who we all are, and in that, I draw a great deal of comfort.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you use the Great Teacher book to convince your kids that the sun shines out of Brooklin's rear entrance and then wake up and realise it doesn't.......

.......your kids will treat you as an Apostate.... and they will not do that wearing the nice, friendly, Good Fairy mask that you wear on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit