Notes From the Annual Meeting - Oct 3, 2009

by daniel-p 148 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

ynot - that is scary! Actually, I could totally see that happening!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Bro. Morris talked about the Elder's school. It has been approved to use the Bossart Hotel starting 12/09. Four Circuit Overseer's are being trained at Patterson to instruct these schools. Another 4 CO'S will arrive at Patterson for 2 months of training and they will replace the original 4 brothers. These bros will return to the field to teach these elder schools in Assembly Halls in local areas. Starting in 2011 the Teaching Committee says that the Branches will hold their own schools!!! YEAH!!! These schools DO NOT replace the Kingdom Ministry School. It is to promote spirituality in the Congs, to revitalize zeal of the elders and to motivate them.

Oooook ... so this must mean the CO's, Elders, Teaching Committee members et al won't be part of the cleanup of close to 7 billion corpses then? You know, when the Big A happens 'imminently'? Have I got that right?

• trebor
    trebor

Just so everyone has a chance to see and understanding how "This Generation" has unfolded thus far (Excluding Barr's talk):

This Generation (Mathew 24:34)...

= The Anointed
    [Watchtower February 15, 1927 page 62]

-1942 = Anyone alive to see 1914[Watchtower July 1, 1942 page 204]

-1995 = Wicked People alive today
    [Watchtower November 1, 1995 page 19]

-2008 = The Anointed
    [Watchtower February 15, 2008 page 24]

So this "new light" wouldn't necessarily be a change from the current teaching but a "refinement" [I almost threw up in my mouth]. It is still the Anointed just a second group of Anointed. Regardless, why the incorrect "light" in 1942 and 1995? Jehovah goes back to leading his organization to a teaching from 1927 in 2008? Riiiggghhtt...

-Trebor

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

They are just basically saying there will be annointed to the end. Not really a change, simply an explanation already implicit, as I see it.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Can someone explain this to me in super layman's terms? I don't really get it - they're complex!

Don't feel bad Greenie thats the whole idea..... Make your head spin trying to understand what the fuck their talking about..... Give up ....Tell youself this is really deep spiritual food.. and accept their conclusions. Used to happen in my day with Fredies rantings

• dozy
    dozy

"Bro. Morris talked about the Elder's school. It has been approved to use the Bossart Hotel starting 12/09."

Looks like the society have ditched plans to sell it , then. http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2008/10/levine_walks_fr.php

The reason that Australia is mentioned in connection with the tsunami is that the Australia branch oversees Samoa. I would imagine there would only be a handful of JWs there anyway , so the fact that there weren't any witness deaths isn't surprising.

The "new thought on the generation" is interesting - clearly the WTS can't stop themselves from trying to link this somewhat with 1914. This must be somewhat of a reaction to the increase in the anointed - maybe the WTS are trying to justify a "second wave" as the number must be over 10K now. I can't help but contrast their interpretation that apostasy began after the death of the apostles , rather than after the death of those who "overlapped" the apostles. Lame.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not to hijack the thread, but a good friend (reliable) who knows someone who went to the annual meeting said that Bro Loesch gave an interesting talk about showing love to others.

And Loesch specifically made note several times that showing love is NOT the preaching work. He gave the example of Jesus doing good works and not preaching to the people at the same time.

An example was given about a tree falling on the neighbor's house. You can preach all you want but it's not going to help the neighbor when in need.

I guess there is some softening of the "love" definition that was always presented as primarily the preaching work.

Rub a Dub

• yknot
    yknot

...RubaDub...

More proof they are getting 'inspiration' for 'noo-light' adjustments from forums like JWN.

Discussion of deeds in comparison of other denominations is always a good thread regarding really dumb things said in defense of only doing FS.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

: Bro. Barr repeated twice, "Jesus Christ meant lives of the anointed who were on hand in 1914 would overlap with those whose lives of the anointed see the start of the Great Tribulation."

I'm not surprised by the attempt to put some urgency back into the generation teaching. It was a real cash cow for them in the 80s.

But this overlapping lives idea is just plain retarded. It reeks of desperation to me.

I can't wait for the WT article. I foresee much use of the word "evidently"....

• yknot
    yknot

The fact they didn't reveal all of it makes me wonder if they aren't monitoring these types of forums to see the response, point out the advantages and disadantages.

.....Dear Bethel Lurker...

Push the Aug 1 celebration idea, we need a holiday to increase sentimental attachment!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit