Notes From the Annual Meeting - Oct 3, 2009

by daniel-p 148 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    2010 Year's text is taken from 1 Cor. 13: 7, 8. Last part of verse 7 and the first part of verse 8. "Love endures all things. Love never fails."

Seems we've had that before--within the last 20 years. Does anybody know of a historical list of the year-text's for each year? I couldn't find one via Google search.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its too bad that took a pass from ALL of Chapter 13, parts such as:

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, [fn] but have not love, I gain nothing.
    1Cr 13:4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    1Cr 13:5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
    1Cr 13:6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bump cause I am behind in reading...lol

willyloman:

Translation of the minutes from Annual Meeting:
    "The generation you thought I was talking about is not the generation you thought I meant."

Yoda/Barr: "Generation doctrine remember you do not. Preach nonsense you will."

JW RF: "I do not remember the generation teaching. I will preach nonsense."

Yoda/Barr: "Good. Now, donuts and coffee eat you will, but long you will not be."

JW RF: "Yes, doooooonuts. Short coffee break. Very good Master."

D'Oh!

Snakes (Rich )

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

How long have you been waiting to post that Snakes?

Bravo!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Enjoyed reviewing last year's 2009 Annual Meeting Report, October 3. Thank you very much for your notes then, daniel-p. You proved to be a "great source."

daniel-p, will you be able to get the notes for the upcoming 2010 Annual Meeting, October ?

Obviously, the GB did their "trial run" about the "overlapping generations" at the last Annual Meeting, and throughout the year the rank & file proved to "lap" it up. The U.S. numbers noted are the numbers reported in their yearbook a few months later.

Hopefully, someone, somewhere, will be able to get the 2010 Annual Meeting report notes on here, so that we can "spot on" to what the GB is gonna try for this year.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Was just thinking the same thing.....that its about time for the annual meeting and maybe some "nu lite" Might also be time to add another old codger or two to the GB since Teddy left the building....

• baltar447
    baltar447

SO:

Predictions for this year's AM? Anyone?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I predict..

3 new boys on the GB- bro dewey, bro cheatum, bro howe

Positive spin on the branch closings...

more dim light on who should partake

• yknot
    yknot

lol.... and I heard they were Bro Hawaiian, Bro Australian and Brother Stateside

Just days until .....'The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!'

It will be interesting to see how Bro Splane's influence manifests in the pubs.......

Will they build upon the DVD's 1916 comment? Will they go ahead and finally start reducing the district sizes and activate the CO-lites and will we see a return of the decreased pio hours?..... or will that happen only after Wallkill is 100% complete

The anticipation is terrific!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit