Notes From the Annual Meeting - Oct 3, 2009

by daniel-p 148 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

How in the name of all that's God's holey underwear are they going to scripturally make this work?

Expect a WT article in the next 6 months explaining it. I can see the glazed eyes and canned answers now...

Well actually, no I can't, because I won't fucking be there!!! HAHAHA SUCKERS...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love the way Jehovah procrastinates.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

our annointed friend who recently died she was 81(or 86) think 81 though...

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Bro. Barr repeated twice, "Jesus Christ meant lives of the anointed who were on hand in 1914 would overlap with those whose lives of the anointed see the start of the Great Tribulation."

Assuming this is correct, I agree with sir82 that this looks more like two generations . Any idea what sort of scriptural basis they have for this two generation idea?

• undercover
    undercover
    If you think about it, it's kind of genius - JWs will lap this up like a hungry kitten being served a plate of warm milk. They'll do the same sort of calculations & inferences I just made above and run with it. It will get people all psyched up and convinced that the GT really is "imminent".

Yes, the dubs will take it hook, line and sinker. I don't how genius it is though. It's just another delay, they didn't solve anything. I guess the genius is that they've put it out far enough that they won't have to worry about it in their lifetime. Let some poor annointed sucker in 2080 worry about it.

And all of that without pointing to a specific date - there's nothing there that can embarrass them later.

No, no specific date...but it does tie one generation back to the other which has time limits. If this comes out in print, it will come back to haunt them in a couple of decades. When the other annointed start dying off, someone's going to point out that they were wrong yet again.

I can't see why they just can't bite the bullet now, divorce themselves from all things 1914 and 'generation', take their losses and re-market and rebuild after the fallout is over. All they ever do is delay it. Maybe they really do believe the shit they're shoveling.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can't see why they just can't bite the bullet now, divorce themselves from all things 1914 and 'generation', take their losses and re-market and rebuild after the fallout is over. All they ever do is delay it. Maybe they really do believe the shit their shoveling.

They don't care they won't be around

• sir82
    sir82
    If this comes out in print, it will come back to haunt them in a couple of decades. When the other annointed start dying off, someone's going to point out that they were wrong yet again.

The cynical part of me says, "Hey, the guys who dreamed this up will be dead & gone before that becomes an issue. They're just thinking that the next GB will have to figure that out - just like the current GB had to figure out how to wiggle out of Fred Franz's original 'generation of 1914' teaching." Meanwhile, they get to lead the rock star lifestyle they've become acustomd to.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Scriptural basis, you say?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Scriptural basis, you say?

yeah, that never stopped them in the past.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Branches have said that not all are singing.

Bro. Herd had the theme ---- Are You Running on Empty? We need a full tank---knowledge. Gas up regularly!!

This is possible if we have a 1)regular personal study 2) Family Worship Night 3)Quiet Undisturbed Meditation

If the Governing Body makes suggestions, we comply!

Altogether in 5 locations the attendance was: 13,235!!!

.............................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit