IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

At least those babies have a hope of a resurrection per the WTS. Those who died at the flood, destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and Armaggedon have no such hope per the WTS....just eternal destruction. Can you imagine having to be the soldier who ran his sword through a cooing baby in a basket?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Blondie,

I got to see the aftermath of some of the villages in Bosnia, after the serbs were through.

Nothing hits you harder than the body of a dead child....

Nothing.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Divine Command Theory

If God decides to kill babies, then killing babies is -- by definition -- good and just.

(This is a slightly expanded version of the Goddidit theory.)

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

For someone who has limited his dealings with his human creation he hasn't half interfered alot. He used his spirit creatures to prevent reaccess to the garden of Eden. He made the ground hard to work so it was hard to grow food. He made childbirth painful (he never warned about this when warning about eating of the fruit!). He then Killed cain for murdering his brother, yes he did that himself. He killed isrealites directly or by his spirit creature for worshipping a golden calf. More positively he directly protect Damiel and his chums in Babylon. He enabled Sarah and Abraham to have kids when they were ancient.Ahhh the list is endless. Not forgetting overcoming Mary's biology inorder to implant his son as an embryo.

Cantleave:

Yeah, it is weak and you are right, but if that can be overlooked just for a moment, would you think that there could be any hint of justification in the murderous decree that the god of the bible set out for Samuel and Saul, taking into account the probability of the acclaimed ‘criminal gene’ ..??

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mr. Majestic, I know you directed your question to Can'tLeave, but it is plain that the God of the Bible, the Creator, knew His creatures - even in His human state.

John 2:24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 25 He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man. NIV

Sylvia

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah, it is weak and you are right, but if that can be overlooked just for a moment, would you think that there could be any hint of justification in the murderous decree that the god of the bible set out for Samuel and Saul taking into account the probability of the acclaimed ‘criminal gene’ ..??

Absolutely not. God started off with the perfect race, it went wrong and he said he would allow mankind to continue to walk the sinful path they had ventured down to prove that they need him. If he said he was going to do that, he had no right to destroy a gene pool because it contained a dangerous gene. He has hasn't eradicated genes that cause physical damage such as haemophillia and syckel cell anaemia, and they cause misery, so why should he focus on a crime gene just because that will cause suffering. Consistency is required here. Either interfere to remove all genetic imperfections which cause suffering or stick to you guns and let the human race see all the negative aspects of imperfection.

BTW I see you are English maybe we can meet up sometime?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Cantleave:

That’s a great answer. There really is no justification I can see that could allow the god of the bible to kill innocent babies, and I can only see that people who are happy with a god like that are actually worse than if they condoned paedophiles, because at least with paedophilia that child has the rest of its life, ruined admittedly, but a chance to heal. The god of the bible didn’t even offer that, and then hypocritically condemned the peoples that were around Israel for burning their children in the fire. So to stop that terrible thing happening he kills every last one of them. So the babies were fu*ked anyway….. Such a ‘loving’ god…..!!

It is the lack of coherence that completely blows any chance of justification away. The god of the bible is a baby murderer, plain and simple…

As for meeting up, that sounds like fun. Send me a PM with your email and I will get back to you….. (think I've pulled..)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah, you have pulled an overweight balding middle aged geek!!! Lucky you! I will send a PM to introduce myself. I am looking for new friends since I am sure that my JW ones will soon start desserting me. I've already noticed that people are distancing themselves.

• blondie
    blondie

It is not surprising that the WTS dances around Deut. 2:34 and 3:6 with no comment on the execution of the "little children." This was a point that jumped out at me when I first started reading the Bible and not just the publications and their carefully selected scriptures. I never have gotten an explanation for why little bablies would be killed as if they were just cockroaches.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Blondie, this is one area where both my wife and I agree. It is unbelievably barabric, I spent 42 years thinking Jehovah will clarify these things in the new system, I now feel sick at what was done in the name of God. Hopefully my wife will start questioning it more now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit