IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
  • Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Another of these topics. How about babies? He has everyone die. How about the
    old woman waiting for the bus with the bucket over there? He has everyone
    die--it's part and parcel of the package, God's prerogative, etc. How about 800
    people in a battle in 700 BC? If He didn't have them die then, He's have had
    them die later. He has everyone die now--what are you worried about 800 people
    in 700 BC for? He has everyone die. You got some people that don't die, that
    would be a bigger deal.

So with that kind of reasoning, what actually is wrong with genocide, or murder come to that…?? They really are the kindest thing we could do for people. It saves people going through the rigors of old age and the slow decaying of their bodies. Lets just kill everybody and get the inevitable done with….

If such is the case why create man on earth in the first place, if everyone is just going to die anyway..? Do you think that the god of the bible actually gets off on human suffering…?? It is his ‘prerogative’ after all….

• Gladring
    Gladring

Psacramento -

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps ignore is the wrong word here. I'll try and narrow it down with an example.

Deuteronomy says that a child that shames his parents should be stoned to death and that his parents should take part in the murder. You take this to be simply the view of the people and not really God's word.

Jesus in the gospels says - love your neighbour as yourself, love your enemy etc. and you think "hmm... this sounds good, this part must be God's word".

Maybe that sounds a little flippant, but I hope you get the idea. I put it to you that it is your own moral feelings, your own personal conception of God (as Sylvia would have a different conception) , which guides you in this choice. In that case, what is special about the bible? What distinguishes it from other books? It is possible to read any story and glean a moral from it - Aesop's fables, The Godfather etc. - that does not speak to its inspiration.

• avishai
    avishai

Wow. Some of you folks are never babysitting MY kids.

• steve2
    steve2

I left the watchtower because it was a mad-making collection of crazy teachings derived from an even-crazier ancient text, The Bible.

Crazy breeds crazy.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Gladring,

I see your point and I agree, to a point.

Even the OT makes it clear that God is loving and kind, slow to anger and this view is far more consistent that the "tyranical God".

Add to that the NT views said by his own Son and the issue of the old covenant not working and being "screwed up" by the Hebrews, we get a picture, at least a possible one, that some of the OT writers did NOT truly understand what God wanted of them.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Let me pose this question to all those that can justify Jehovah killing all those men, women, children and animals;

If the Faithful & Discreet slave announced in a Watchtower that all Jehovah's Witness, in the name of Jehovah, had to kill a baby, would you do it?

Now, please, answer the question. Don't try and beat around the bush and state "but that would never happen", because, if you believe in the bible, then it did happen. Jehovah instructed his followers to kill babies.

Call this a social experiment, if you will.

Would YOU kill a baby in the name of the glorious Jehovah?

Regards
    RAB

• Gordy
    Gordy

IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

Any difference between that and abortion?

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Oh, and to all those that view the killing of innocents (and yes, babies are innocent) as "not literal" or "I don't believe in that part", I openly call you hypocrites, for "all scripture is inspired of God and beneficial".

I don't believe in God, so I don't count.

Regards
    RAB

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

"Any difference between that and abortion?"

Well Gordy, it really does depend on when the baby is aborted.

There is much evidence to support that even though a baby (in the first 10 weeks) represents living cell tissue, it has no consciousness.

Isn't killing a fully grown cow, a cow that has lived, breathed, shared emotion, for the sake of a Big Mac, worse that ending the existence of a group of non-consciousness cells?

Regards
    RAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit