IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Assuming the bible true:

Thinking of the story of the way that Jehovah, through Samuel and Saul, dealt with the Amalekites; with the discovery of the ‘Criminal Gene’, could this justify the God of the bibles actions against these nations, when he put out the order to “not have compassion for ‘them’”, and the Israelites were ordered to “put to death, man as well as woman, child as well as suckling”…??

• JWoods
    JWoods

First Fullfillment of Armageddon.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Never confuse what was written in the OT with what God said/tells to do, the only "proof" we have that God ordered the deaths of women and children is what those doing the killing wrote.

If history has taught us anythign is that horrid things have been done in God's name and by God's will and/or command, according to those committing the atrocites.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

the only "proof" we have that God ordered the deaths of women and children is what those doing the killing wrote.

So by inference, the OT, or at least massive portions of it, is NOT the Word of God.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Daniel,

I do NOT believe that ALL of the OT is the word of God, No.

As I do NOT believe that ALL of the NT is the word of Jesus and God.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think he was justified in killing David's love child with Bath-Sheba. Somebody had to pay the price, and Jehovah certainly couldn't punish his golden boy, David.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't understand how people can believe in parts of the Bible and stake so much of their faith on those parts they do believe. I'm not trying to denigrate your beliefs,... I sincerely respect Jesus' teachings, but can hardly respect much else in the Bible (i.e. the entire OT, Paul's writings, etc.).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Daniel.

No offence or ill thought in regards to what you posted my brother :)

I take the whole of the bible (OT) as I take the whole of the NT in context with a belief of a loving and caring God and a such I can see the excuse of man for the atrocites they commited for what they are, excuses.

I don't ask that people agree with my views, far from that, and I admit that my views are not typical.

Not sure what your issues with Paul's writing are...

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Amalekites attacked Israel from the rear - where the women and children (yes, sucklings) were.

They were simply getting a taste of what they dealt to Israel.

I like the fact that the God of the Bible is not some namby-pamby, bleeding heart pacifist.

As one poster (LWT) mentioned on another thread, there comes a time when some people simply need killing.

I can already hear the cries of "what wrongs had the babies committed?"

The same can be asked of Amalek's cowardice.

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

I see no justification in this then, now, or in the future. I could never reconcile with this.

And the deaths, at Armageddon, of the unborn, newly born, toddler, etc. does not fit with the JWs boasting about how 'everyone is preached to' and 'has a chance to become one of God's people'. If you go with their beliefs, Armageddon will never come (they actually contradict themselves and don't see it). They will never be able to preach to every single person on the face of the Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit