IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia,

You don't beleive in an all knowing, ever present, all powerful God?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    As one poster (LWT) mentioned on another thread, there comes a time when some people simply need killing.
    I can already hear the cries of "what wrongs had the babies committed?"
    The same can be asked of Amalek's cowardice.

The Amalekites were a bad nation, although I would question if their children were inherently evil. But the god of the bible claims to be righteous.

So does that mean that two wrongs do make things right…?? And if the god of the bible ask you now to kill a baby, would you..??

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sylvia,
    You don't beleive in an all knowing, ever present, all powerful God?

Omniscient, yes.

Omnipresent, no.

Omnipotent, yes

Why do you ask?

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia,

Really? NOT omnipresent?

I ask because an all-knowing and all -powerful God doesn't anger nor does he feel the need to give others a "taste of their own medicine", Jesus made that very clear.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I like the fact that the God of the Bible is not some namby-pamby, bleeding heart pacifist.

Personally, I prefer one who is a little more judicious, and uses a little more discretion with regards to who he kills. But that's just me.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    And if the god of the bible ask you now to kill a baby, would you..??

It wouldn't be a problem for me, if I saw with my own eyes His parting of a sea, sending bread from heaven, bringing water from a rock, making sure shoes didn't wear out ... well, you get the picture.

Sylvia

• steve2
    steve2

The Jehovah of the Old Testament sanctioned genocide. Nonetheless, his PR spokespeople will bend over backwards to put a positive spin on the atrocities carried out in his "holy" name and described copiously in "holy" Scripture. Whether you accept the PR spin or not depends largely on your gullibility. But ordering one's "chosen" people to wipe out other ethnic groups is genocide, pure and simple.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It wouldn't be a problem for me, if I saw with my own eyes His parting of a sea, sending bread from heaven, bringing water from a rock, making sure shoes didn't wear out ... well, you get the picture.

It wouldn't, at the very least, give you pause as to what kind of God he was?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All I can say is this: if someone wants my worship, butchering children isn't the way to get it. I don't care what kind of f*cked up excuse they use to justify themselves.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

PSAC asked:

Really? NOT omnipresent?

I ask because an all-knowing and all -powerful God doesn't anger nor does he feel the need to give others a "taste of their own medicine", Jesus made that very clear.

Really.

Jesus felt anger on some occasions, the most notable is when he cleansed the Temple of money changers.

At other times, He felt anger at the hardheartedness of the Pharisees.

Mark 3:5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. KJV

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit