IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hmm, no Jehovah's Witness answered my question. Here it is again, just in case you missed it;

If the Faithful & Discreet slave announced in a Watchtower that all Jehovah's Witness, in the name of Jehovah, had to kill a baby, would you do it?

Answer honestly please and yes, it is a hypothetical question, but humour me.

Regards
    RAB

• JWoods
    JWoods

I doubt that you will ever get a straight answer from any of our Apologists here, God_Delusion. Except of course for the cop-out you already mentioned.

A similar question is: if you observed somebody killing a child, would you not try to stop them? Even at the risk of your own life?

Then, after you answer - think about the vision of Armageddon.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    If the Faithful & Discreet slave announced in a Watchtower that all Jehovah's Witness, in the name of Jehovah, had to kill a baby, would you do it?

They're already doing this. There is an Awake magazine that brags about all of the dead kids -- as a result of their being denied blood transfustions by their JW parents.

Denying your children lifesaving medical treatment is no different than stoning them, to me.

• villabolo
    villabolo

God_Delusion: "If the Faithful & Discreet slave announced in a Watchtower that all Jehovah's Witness, in the name of Jehovah, had to kill a baby, would you do it?"

I'm not a JW anymore but when I was one I asked a JW that very question. His answer was that Jehovah has not given indication that we should do that. Of course that answer was circular since these are people who do death dealing things to their own children because the organization says "Jehovah" wishes it.

villabolo

• cawshun
    cawshun

I asked my jw daughter about this, boy, did she get angry with me... She said where did you get this info? I told her I got it off an atheist sight on the internet, that they pointed out these scriptures. I told her I looked the scriputres up and indeed it did say god orederd these killings, I showed her the scriptures. She got all puffed up, anger on her face and told me, if I was being an atheist, her kid's didn't need to be around me.

I told her, I read it in the bible, how do you explain a god that oreders killing children, women, and taking some of the young women to make their slaves?

No answer, so she left and the next day came with all kinds of book's from wt. Later, she asked me if I understood why god had to do that. I had to tell her yes, for fear she would keep the kids from me. I didn't read any of it, I just told her, I understood, those that god ordered killed was because they were disobeying god, running amuck and if god didn't destroy them they would never learn.

Not a good excuse with me, but had to play along.

I will not accept god of the ot that ordered such atrosities.

You know, with that reasoning, its probably why we will never see peace in the Middle East, between Israel and Palastine. They contiune to kill innocent people, women and children. The god of the ot set the example for them to follow.

It's my belief the ot was written by religious extremeist, terrorist, and suscide bombers all in the name of alah.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Well, when Pharaoh of Egypt killed all the little first born males of Israel they did not have compassion. When the Amalekites, Amorites and Philistines kill without any compassion who blames them. When a religious belief can make a person attach a bomb to his body and kill thousands of people. I don't blame Jehovah for taking those steps. By destroying the wicked and their offspring he was able to establish Israel as a nation so he could produce the messiah. If all of those other nations were left alone to grow they would have filled the entire land with their pagan worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit