IS THERE ANY JUSTIFCATION THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE KILLED BABIES….??

by Mr. Majestic 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia,

I think that some of the writers were indeed, "doing their best" to understand God and that is why, even within the OT, there seems to be a contridiction in regards to God's behaviour and what he wants.

In all the bible, new and old, jealousy is always viewed as negative, the inspired writers wrote it as such, is has no place in God, to quote Paul:

Love is patient and kind, love is NOT jealous, boastful or proud.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Was Jesus lying when he mentioned that the 2 greatest "commandments" included a command to love God?
    I suppose it makes sense that there is a "command" to love God, since he has failed to earn it through his conduct.
    W

I believe these commands apply only to those who have entered into a covenant relationship with Him - first Israel, and now Christians.

I love Him, even though I don't understand His conduct at times.

Sylvia

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

auntie snowbird...the pizza has extra mushrooms and sweetcorn for you.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    If there is such a gene, and god is all powerful then surely he could have terminated the progression of it by making it a recessive gene or made the bearers infertile. Surely that is far more humane and morally preferable to genocide.

I quite agree Cantleave, but if we are to buy into the idea that the god of the bible is limited with his dealings with his human creation, being that he is ‘just so wonderfully perfect’ and can’t lower his righteous standards so as to deal with mankind, then could it be justified that this was in fact the way of achieving that aim, to cull the bad genes from the planet..??

I know that it is a very weak argument, being that there are other examples in the bible that show that god can and did have direct dealings with earths subjects, but see if you can answer the above argument for a bit without taking this thought into consideration….

• snowbird
    snowbird

A jealous God or a zealous God?

http://biblestudy.richburgstudio.com/1/?p=359

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Angel Eyes and all.

Come! Enjoy!

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia,

That definition adds more to MY point than yours Honey ;)

I would rather believe in erroneous writing by some men from an obsolet covenant, than to believe in a callous and crule unbilical God.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    That definition adds more to MY point than yours Honey ;)

I agree.

It's all good.

Sylvia

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

yes PLease auntie snowbird...YUMMy....lets share it with everyone here... i'll cut the pieces might be here all day though :(

a very Zealous God...and LOVING dont forget.

• cantleave
    cantleave

god of the bible is limited with his dealings with his human creation

For someone who has limited his dealings with his human creation he hasn't half interfered alot. He used his spirit creatures to prevent reaccess to the garden of Eden. He made the ground hard to work so it was hard to grow food. He made childbirth painful (he never warned about this when warning about eating of the fruit!). He then Killed cain for murdering his brother, yes he did that himself. He killed isrealites directly or by his spirit creature for worshipping a golden calf. More positively he directly protect Damiel and his chums in Babylon. He enabled Sarah and Abraham to have kids when they were ancient.Ahhh the list is endless. Not forgetting overcoming Mary's biology inorder to implant his son as an embryo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit