Is the WTS compromising its stand towards preaching? – Our kingdom Ministry 2009, Question Box…

by LUKEWARM 91 Replies latest jw friends

• 1914BS
    1914BS

You should promptly and politely leave the territory if directed to do so

Gee that is not like in the 50's when JWs would gladly go to jail and prove they were not fanatics

• observador
    observador

The article talks about 2 different situations with some subtle differences between them: a) is when police asks JWs to stop, in which case JWs should leave the "territory". In this case, the Society leaves it unclear, maybe purposefully, what that "territory" would mean. Is it the public streets? Is it a gated condominium? Is it the local beach?

If what they mean here by "territory" are the public streets, that would certainly be a new stance as far as I can tell. And it is clearly not what Paul, Peter and all the other stooges apostles did.

The other situation is b) when the police or the security guards ask the JWs to stop and leave. Well, even my diehard JW sister understands that a shopping mall isn't your public streets. Even she understands that, being the Mall a private property, they have to comply immediately. As far as I know there is nothing new with this stance (of course depending on how far decades back you want to compare).

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit