Is the WTS compromising its stand towards preaching? – Our kingdom Ministry 2009, Question Box…

by LUKEWARM 91 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i have plenty of persecution dear mouthy, and i truly dont mind taking it all on the chin. :)

(((hugs))

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

the 6/15/08 Awake above is a generalized statement that the JWs do not stop their door to door activity, regardless of demands by the law. This recent KM is simply statting if a particular street, complex, office, etc tells you to leave, leave. This has always been the case as far as I know.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

persecution AE? Explain and elaborate.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

id be here all day if i explained all the persecution ive been through...

You yourself say you were a jw, so surely you know too, you must have gone through some???

(will be back on in 40 mins)...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I was laughed at AE, excessively. That does not compare to the Apostles suffering in any sense- who were beaten, shipwrecked, imprisoned, etc FOR PREACHING JESUS. Most importantly I was not persecuted for Jesus name. I was laughed at for being different and obeying WT rules, which are simply man's interpretations. If you tell me you were persecuted for knocking at people doors trying to explain to them that Jesus was the Christ who came down to earth to die for everyone's sin, and rose from the dead exactly as he said he would and that this gift is for all of us who will accept his grace, then we're talkin. If you were laughed at for waking people up to peddle WT and Awake mags, that is not the persecution spoken of in the Bible.

• isaacaustin
  • mouthy
    mouthy

id be here all day if i explained all the persecution ive been through...

Well you have so much time to post Tell us!!!! We would love to hear it.
    We have all shared OUR persecution on here,we have ears, eyes, & maybe
    I could even LOVE you more if I knew your suffering!!! Come on count more hours

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am actually very interested in hearing of your persecution for Jesus name's sake.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Mouthy ;LOL

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

As pointed out by others, this KM breaks no new ground. It does remind us of an interesting wrinkle in the WTS position regarding "preaching."

I think the WTS views the following two circumstances differently:

1. A small group being told to stop preaching in a particular place at a particular time (examples: a group of JWs is told to leave an apartment building or a shopping mall); versus
    2. A government ordering all JWs in a particular country/state/city/etc. to stop preaching.

The KM mentioned by the OP is discussing situation #1. The modern WTS doesn't want to force its followers to stand up to every rogue cop or ornery building superintendent. I think this is a result of Knorr-era efforts to make JWs appear a bit more mainstream and acceptable to the outside world. This is in stark contrast to Rutherford-era tactics of deliberately violating local ordinances in order to force courts to rule on the Witnesses' constitutional rights.

Today, as long as the Witnesses are permitted to go somewhere else and preach, the WTS doesn't worry about #1 too much. In many parts of the US, there are large swaths of territory that are off-limits to the JW door-to-door work--particularly wealthy gated communities and certain apartment buildings.

If the modern WTS took the Rutherford-era approach, then Witnesses would be constantly fined (and perhaps jailed) for trespassing. This would be quite an expense...and perhaps that's why the WTS doesn't press the issue in such cases...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit