Is the WTS compromising its stand towards preaching? – Our kingdom Ministry 2009, Question Box…

by LUKEWARM 91 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or to follow on your request: the apostles were persecuted for preaching Jesus, have you been? If so, please elaborate on one example...a short condensed version is fine.

• JWoods
    JWoods

But here is the dichotomy - if "Caesar's Law" requires the WT to pay sales tax on the magazines they sell door to door, they will move heaven and earth (even commit practical economic suicide) to avoid the law.

If "Caesar's Law" should require that you provide information on child molesters, the society will go to every length to argue the privilege of private clerical council in the court to avoid exposure.

If "Caesar's Law" should require that parents allow blood transfusion for desparately sick children, they will go to any effort to let the child die over "religious freedom issues".

If "Caesar's Law" ever required that JW men fulfill their civic duty by performing non-combatant duty as a conscientous objector, they will force these men to go to prison rather than conform to the law. Later, they will blame the decision on the persons who were the victims.

BUT - in the case of "Preaching the Good News" - (the whole and entire RATIONALE of their existence) - if "Caesar's Law" should suggest that the JW cease and desist from harrassing people from "door to door" - then by the grace of GAWD ALMIGHTY - the good witness must obey "Caesar's Law".

Lesson to be learned - it is far less important to preach the word than to go to prison over the draft, kill your kids over weird medical fantasies, buy a Malawi party card, hide pedophiles, or avoid the tax law. Far less.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Here would be an example of persecution for Jesus name sake, the theme is all thruout Acts...

Chapter 4

While they were still speaking to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple guard, and the Sadducees 1 confronted them,

disturbed that they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.

4 They laid hands on them and put them in custody until the next day, since it was already evening

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This is what Paul was persecuted for. In fact, it was all he knew, all he preached, of FIRST importance to him- Jesus coming, death and resurrection.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

how about having a man punch me in the face for witnessing, even though wasnt anywhere near where he lives, he was in a car and stopped the car to get out and cause trouble, then having him attack me again in a supermarket!!! hit me to the floor, yet i still got up :) and placed the awake with the lady whom id been talking to when this pycho attacked me, and she accepted it :)

thats just something small, but being beaten up is part of the job, so to speak.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

J-Woods- you summed it up. It is all about loyalty to the org...not 'saving lives'. If saving lives was the issue they would use modern ways to reach others in masse. It is about sacrifice in the name of GB mandates.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    thats just something small, but being beaten up is part of the job, so to speak.

You are seriously in need of psychological help. That whole post could be the subject of a chapter on paranoia 101 for beginning students in a college of learning.

I am glad you continue to come here. Perhaps something or another that is said will eventually take hold.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

how about having a man punch me in the face for witnessing, even though wasnt anywhere near where he lives, he was in a car and stopped the car to get out and cause trouble, then having him attack me again in a supermarket!!! hit me to the floor, yet i still got up :) and placed the awake with the lady whom id been talking to when this pycho attacked me, and she accepted it :)

My reply: Both event are persecution, no question there. BUT persecution for what?? What were your 'witnessing'? Were you preaching Jesus or simply peddling the WT message? If you were simply doing the WTs offer for the month then it was persecution for nothing. You had your reward in full, a few pats on the back form your JW peers. If you were reaching Jesus then that would be persecution for Jesus name sake....something worthwhile.

In either case, what you suffered was an injustice, whether it had any merit before God is the question.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Actually you answered the question- you were peddling the Awake magazine- serving man and persecuted for man. Sorry for the injustice, but you also got your reward in full.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

actually i didnt get pat on the back....unsure what cong you were ever in..but i had an elder have a HUGE go at me!! ME??? I hadnt done anything, charming...another one for the chin if i didnt take everything on the chin id have gone out the door by now.

The first attack i was talking to someone, street witnessing.....i dont recall the conversation, but i had the bible in my hand.

The 2nd time i was talking to a lady about Jesus healing the blind man, I love that, anyway we were in mid flow and pycho came along from no-where. I got back up, security came running, and i asked the lady would she like to read one of our mags, she agreed. Even though id not even had a mag in my hand to start with. The guy was banned from the store and I found out he was a convicted pedo..from another country....was illegal to be over in Uk too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit