Is the WTS compromising its stand towards preaching? – Our kingdom Ministry 2009, Question Box…

by LUKEWARM 91 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

In the '70's we were stopped and searched by the police in our town on a reg. basis. They said they were concerned for theft in the neighborhoods. It then grew to, we had to notify them of door to door activity, who was going and where, everyday at the police station.

Our Elders complied and were nice about it. We were hoping the WTS would take a Covington like stand, but they said it wasn't necessary and could open up a can of worms.

The first time I was searched, they said, "can you prove you are a JW?" It seemd to me like a stupid question. I was wearing a suit and tie, carrying a book bag, full of JW literature. But I reluctantly complied and showed my JW ID.

I didn't see this, but wish I did. One young smart-alic JW when confronted, said "you got me!" as he put his hands on the police car for a search. They were not amused.

Apartment complexes learned that the police would back them if they closed the building to us. So we volunteered to sneak in late at night and leave WT on the door mats. Pretty stupid uh!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Anyone remember Nancy Yuen?

Oh yes I remember her experience. I was so sad reading it, I thought at that time she had really a strong faith!

Later I realized that she was only stubborn in obeing to the Watchtower and did not realize she was loosing her life, her children, her husband...specially the young age of the children doesn't come back...not even a husband, even a patient one would be discouraged!

This 'package' of men who direct the Watchtower, who steal our time, our resources, our life, did they ever apologize for the damage they caused to her life? Shame on them!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

and i did what exactly????????

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

oh i see..i get attacked for speaking about Jesus miracles and mouthy is sickened by me??? Ok........... (scratching head)

oh...must be that mouthy is sad for what ive been through..being a lover of christ too...get it...thanks..xxxxxxxxxxx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Mouthy)))..

It does`nt take a genius to see,Angel Eyes makes things up as she goes along..

You can`t take someone like that seriously..

...............................OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

These directions are in harmony with my opinion of never arguing with an officer in the field.

Take your gripes to court.

Obey the guy with the .40 caliber in the meantime.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They aren't told to stop preaching, just stop preaching where they will have to face consequences. They are also told to take the officers info and report it to the branch. Which probably means they(branch lawyers) will file suit if they think they can push it.

I am moving to a place where evangelizing is illegal altogether. Somehow, I doubt I will find any JWs knocking on my door in Qatar. Because when push comes to shove, they are less about preaching the good news than they are about patting themselves on the back about it. The org. will fight the local townships, but an absolute monarchy? Hmm. Not so much.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will leave a local area if directed, and then the hounders will get on them (and lie) to allow the witlesses back in (usually, they were told to leave because someone complained about it, perhaps someone that is sick of being hounded to join the cancer). Thus, they continually seek to go back, with the blessing of the local manager or the police (and harass those who do not want to be witlessed to).

I only wish Boozerford would have had his jail term in full--20 years. Had that slimebag got 20 years, it may have exposed the whole scam he was trying to pull off. Bad enough that Russell started an end-time scam. But Boozerford went and made it unreasonable--field circus for everyone, no holidays or birthdays, rules about dress that stand to this day that are blatantly sexist (and not practical), and so on. It was Boozerford that wanted all publishers to average 60 hours and 12 return visits/Washtowel studies per month. Had he went to jail and stayed there, that may well have never been allowed to happen.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

simply stunning

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Mouthy sez,

I was picked up in Montreal when the JWs was banned

Were you the only one picked up (test case for the pretty woman among the bunch) or did they haul them all in?

or did you get your nickname then?

LOL

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit