Does anyone think that maybe we're just wrong?

by paul from cleveland 143 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Professor Richard Dawkins answer the question " What if your wrong ? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg&feature=player_embedded

• AGuest
    AGuest

Where do you see in the bible Christ teach that people won't die but live on paradise earth?

That actually is the message: that God's kingdom will be on earth AND in heaven.... just as it was in Adham's day. New Jerusalem, the Bride of Christ... "comes down OUT of heaven." So that, just like in Adham's day there will be the ability to "go in AND out" between the spirit and physical realms... like the angels. We will "put on" flesh to enjoy the physical... and put if off to enjoy the spiritual. As a result, we will be able enjoy the best of BOTH worlds... as we choose.

Some of the people will be rulers (with Christ, for a limited period of 1,000 years) "upon the earth." Their "rulership" consists of the "separating" of the "sheep" from the "goats." The sheep are those who are ruled over.

All will have "white robes" - i.e., spirit bodies [outer garments] that are "incorruptible" because they do not have sin and death in them... and so do not die. The nation of Israel understood this truth, that they would one day live forever; what they didn't know... because it was not offered to them initially... was that they would be able to access the spirit realm... as well as the physical realm.

I will post the verses that show all of this, if anyone needs me to... but I'm in the middle to fixing dinner and need to go check my lamb chops.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The WTS.'s assertion that Jesus has returned to earth and we are living in the end times of this world were and

still are the WTS's marketing strategies in the propagation of their published literature......fact !

The head writers/editors had diligently exploited the already belief in the bible to push their literature and they succeeded

in those efforts. Always listen to the salesman with a critical analytical ear, for you just might not be listening to the whole truth.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It boils down to this:

Are the doctrines of the WT Biblical or man made?

Have they used their interpretations to control and manipulte people to do their will?

Are they guily of "false doctrines" ?

Have they changed scripture to suit thier needs?

The answer to all the above is yes and add to that the issue that following the WT doctrines is "dangerous to your health", one should simply wonder why ANYONE would follow them at all !

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I know 100% that the JW faith is based on lies.

2+2 = 4 no matter which way you try break down that truth the answer will always be 4.

Truth cannot change - it either is truth or it's a lie. If you can build on truth great. But to say that something used to be the truth, and has change - BULLSHIT - that's not truth - it's a lie. And to constantly be doing this back and forward thing - tells me very clearly they don't have it, never had and never will.

No religion has the answers - and that is the truth - they all cling to their particular doctrines and have a huge need for it to be so, becuase without it they are hopeless, lost.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I know I am not wrong about the WT. I did not stupidly abandon it, nor did I do it as a snap decision. I researched it thoroughly, and had I found it to quare with its claims I would have come back. As i started out researching I found man-made rules with no Biblical basis. Sure they had a seeming Biblical basis, but once examined I saw it was simply the WT asserting (with no basis) that isolated texts mean what they need them to mean. It became clear to me that most of these rules were made to isolate members from outsiders, so that JWs will have no support system outside of the org. Then looking at their history and array of false prophecies showed me that they are not just some wild Bible thumpers with eccentric ideas but are a dangerous mind-control cult.

• DJK
    DJK

"Purge the earth of all the 'undesirable' ones."

This I promise you. The earth "will" be purged, not by an invisible force such as God, but by man himself, and no one will be spared.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Paul welcome to this forum. I wish i woke up a long time before I did. My fade has been going on for a few months, after a lifetime of being in. Every day I think about whether I am doing the right thing, then I go onto this site and someone elses story. It really helps me. I generally don't need other people, to make personal decisions, but I don't think I could leave this cult without using this site and realising that that I am not alone.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

To the OP:

I actually agree with some of your points. The UN thing on its own would not be enough to get me to leave. Same thing with child abuse. I'm not excusing either of those courses of action by any means, but if you believe the rest of what the WT teaches (esp. that they were chosen by God), then that should cover over just about any "mistake" they make. Because no matter what bad stuff JW leaders do, they can always point to some Old Testament king (for example, Manasseh) who did something much worse!

So, to me, it boiled down to whether the WTS was chosen by God as they say they were. That's when I started looking into the parable of the FDS and realized what a slim reed the power and authority of the WTS was based on. Here are a few points to chew on:

• In the Bible, whenever God chose someone to speak for him, he made it 100% abundantly clear. For example, he gave Moses, Jesus, and the apostles power to perform miracles. No honest-hearted person could doubt that these guys were chosen by God. So why is he so "cagey" today?
    • If the FDS of Matt. 24 and Luke 12 is really a class with responsibility for leading the Christian Congregation, why is that term not mentioned at all in the rest of the New Testament? Why didn't Paul, James, John, Peter, etc., refer to themselves and to other church leaders in that way? Probably because that's not what the parable means!
    • If, as the WTS alleges, the FDS existed from 33 A.D. until today, why is there ZERO evidence of any small groups of "true worshippers" (no Trinity, no hell, no immortal soul, using Jah's name, paradise earth, preaching work) between the 2nd century A.D. and C.T. Russell? Fact of the matter is that this doctrine is complete garbage and it falls apart quickly upon close examination.

Personally, I'm skeptical about whether the Bible is what it claims to be (the inspired word of an almighty God). But even if it is the inerrant word of an almighty God, there is little doubt that the JW faith is not what it claims to be (the only way of salvation). To me, the epidemic of false prophecy in the WTS history seals the deal. If you read the gospels, Jesus warned about false prophets (for example, Luke 21:8). The WTS has consistently predicted the end of the world and has been wrong every time. Why would God choose to use an organization that does exactly what his son warned against? That makes zero sense.

So, if the Bible is truly the Word of God, we are likely still in the time of the "wheat and the weeds." We aren't in the "last days" and there's no "invisible presence" of Jesus--this is a man-made doctrine that has tenuous basis in scripture. It's all very contrived and each passing year betrays its falsity.

• yknot
    yknot

It is okay, and normal.....

Don't worry I think many of us will be glad to walk you through the process of examining the WTS's claims.

I will PM a little later.....

It will all be okay, you came to the right place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit