Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

John Blaney in the UK. He was the best!!!!

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

This thread reminds me of a story, but I had to think for a long time before I could remember his name. The CO's name was Lester Bailey, He seemed like a pretty good guy for a dub. Anyway he and his wife had come from the west coast, California if I remember correctly. We were on the east coast and it was winter. We were out in field circus and I realized that he only had a suit coat on where everyone else had overcoats. As I didn't have much extra cash being a construction worker in the winter, I gave him my credit card and told him to get an overcoat so he could fit in with the rest of us. BIG mistake. On sunday morning he comes in with a new coat but said that he forgot my card and would mail it to me. A few days later it came in the mail with the receipt. He bought a middle of the road coat, not too expensive, but not cheap, and a pair of gloves. A reasonable purchase, but his wife was not nearly as reasonable. She took it upon herself to buy a new dress, shoes and pair of $35 sunglasses.

An over $600 impact that I never made again. The next time I saw him at a CA, he would not even look at me. Turned out to be an ass like most of the rest of them.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

2aTap I remember Rex Manwaring well. Opinionated, bombastic, ignorant so and so he was. He used to rant about the evils of wall to wall carpet and how materialistic and worldly it was if you had more than one type of wine glass on the table.

Do you remember Raymond M. (Manifest) Cowling. One of his favourite sayings was "If it's human and it moves, witness to it." Then some years later is favourite word was manifest - hence the nickname.

Hopscotch

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All the ones I have seen were simple robots that reiterated what was already in the Washtowels and Kingdumb Miseries. They wanted to do something about the inactive publishers. They also wanted to punish people that forgot to turn in their time slips on time, since that made them look irregular.

They could have done away with the hounder-hounders altogether, and it would have made no difference. I always relied on what was in either the Bible or the publications without any assistance from hounders and hounder-hounders (who were just as likely as not to misinterpret it, getting me into more trouble for not obeying them, obeying them but failing to also obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, or having them contradicting themselves). And I always read the announcements as soon as they were posted, so I would be able to stay on top of things (which I seem to be better able to do now that I have access to apostate sources).

• minimus
    minimus

Did you know any of these guys that eventually left the Organization?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

bro hine. Bro manning. Bro alan and lorraine stokes....all still around :)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

JB im friends with ron bicknell, yer he great bro... he still seving as an elder.

• minimus
    minimus

Hopefully, they'll smarten up, AE.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

smarten up?????

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

what about elders or p/o.....any that you remember who were outstanding???? or ones you didnt like???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit