Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew Bill Samuelson and always thought he was sharper than most others. I think he knows it's not all it's cracked up to be but at least he's living somewhere and not out on the streets with his wife looking for a place to live.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I've heard of Samuelson but I'm not sure if he was our CO or if I'm remembering the name from somewhere else. I'll have to ask my mother later. If he was our CO it would be when I was a kid.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

We also Had Shelkowski as DO. I do not know his first name and I don't know if I spelled his last name right. He stayed at our house when he visited. He was kind and had a good sense of humor. We played dominos with him and his wife.

Stephen Pulsipher was the other CO who taught my pioneer school with Rick White. Both were funny and fun-loving brothers. And much younger than our previous COs. I found out later that Pulsipher had done a circuit in Wisconsin not too far from where I moved to.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

here in the UK the ones that made the best impact were the ones which left, Alan Stokes/Dennis Ashby and Rob Scofield, I also liked Danny Owens(probably dead), Ron Bicknell(great guy) and David Carter and Denis Dutton, the worst ones were the jumped up assholes who were complete WTS brown nosers namely Micheal Purbrick and Mike Hogdson, both wankers

• minimus
    minimus

Last I knew, Samuelson was a head in the Service Dept. covering Nevada, California and that area. He knew more sh*t and would chuckle about it to me. I really don't think he believed a lot of it. He and Angie, his wife, had some great stories about politics in Bethel. Having a bigger room was even a huge deal!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Isaacaustin:

I heard more than ten years ago that Catanzaro committed suicide. Unless there were two Catanzaro's as CO's. I remember Catanzaro as having a pleasant voice that sounds like someone who could've done voiceovers on commercials,

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've said it before and I'll say it again: a circuit overseer named Randy Letcher is the reason I came to this board. I thought he was an arrogant jerk so I googled his name. It turned out I was not alone in my thinking as I found out on a certain thread. Reading that thread led me to reading much, much more. So I have to give him credit for making a positive impact on my life!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I don't think it was Angelo Cat who committed suicide.

• minimus
    minimus

this could get juicy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Was there another Catanzaro then? Are you from NYC area, that's where the Catanzaro I remember served our cong, in Queens, NY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit