Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

are you sure it's not another Alan Stokes he was about 50 odd when I was a kid 30 years ago!, Jeff W was on my J/C , very good mate of my father, and was at his bedside up until his death.

• highdose
    highdose

big booming voice? used to talk about being in the navy as a lad? he was about 70-80 when i saw him

• highdose
    highdose

anyone here remember david elgar? great speaker shame about the content

• minimus
    minimus

In the old days, the 60s, there were tons of very good speakers. It seemed liked the Society decided having a good speaker was NOT a good thing. they prefer robotic monotones.

The first CO I remember as a kid was Sam Belfiore who settled in Lawrence Mass.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yep your right HD, AE said she heard his name still floating about

• mouthy
    mouthy

Any one in England remember John Wyatt? CO? Now out!( funny guy great friend of mine
    I cant remember any of my CO's names in Montreal.

• virgo
    virgo

In a SA context: I wonder if any remember Corrie Grobler? Good orator and just an all round nice guy. A died in the wool dub non the less. Tony Panas always reminded of the apostle Paul, all righteous indignation.

But my special bile was reserved for a specimin by the name of Fred English. An opinionated, bombastic sob like no other. More responsible than most for my exit from this organization. I hope his father stokes him regularly to feel the heat!!!!!

• 2aTap
    2aTap

Does anyone from Australia remember "Cyclone Rex" Mannering?

- for better or for worse, one thing he succeeded in doing was making an impact!

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

I must be getting better. I can't remember any of them. Senile or alheimers, or ???????????????

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

That's called "forgetting your past".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit