Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Smarten up and leave the "Truth".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Anyone remember John Stanbridge

highdose....last time I saw him, a few years back, he was resident in a congregation on the East Coast, somewhere...

When I knew him as a C/O I always got on OK with him, an approachable guy without airs and graces

• wobble
    wobble

John Stanbridge lives in Maidstone,has a flat owned by the bros, part of a K H , where two Congos meet, Tovil and Allington, I think he cares for the garden a bit and things like that.

As a C.O he was O.K as you say. He was in Hospital a few months ago, but is O.K again, pretty decent guy , and you can't say that about 99.9% of C.O's and D.Os.

I suppose our impressions of these guys are very subjective, when I was "in" we had a C.O called Mike Hodgeson (Spelling ?) who seemed like a great guy, a bit like Jesus coming to visit I thought, but one poster on a similar thread a while ago castigated him, perhaps just sour grapes, I don't know.

The ones from my youth who made an impression ,for different reasons were , the legendary John Blaney, he ended up with dementia, cared for in Bethel , but he never lost his impish sense of humour.

Jim 1975 Buckingham

Albert Broad

And that is about it, a new C.O and D.O every three years and most of them were grey little Society men who left no impression !

Love

Wobble

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

George Hilton was a laugh a minute. The meetings were never boring when he was CO.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

isaac, angelo was so so, but his sister Palma was an ass. see other posts I have done on her memory

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE, Ron Bicknell was/is a good man, I presume he was a C/O many years ago, he was on my appeal j/C in which I won, I lied the whole way through it though

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Lester Bailey and Bro Kite? any one know them? those 2 names are very funny in a private way

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The last CO I had was Ed Fariance. He made an impact on me, but in the wrong way. He was instrumental in my decision to leave once and for all. He was a very charismatic speaker, but very much a company man. He had a tendency to view the brothers and sisters as numbers, instead of individuals. He hated free-thinkers, and free-thinking elders even more. He probably removed more elders in the circuit than all previous CO's.

• minimus
    minimus

Anything new with former CO Terry Angelacos?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Ian Shanks was someone who made me re-believe the truth at a time when I was thoroughly toiling to hang on to the religion. Looking back, he was a proper society man who had a quiet ruthless streak (seen in my ministerial servant capacity & not obvious to many others). At the time I liked him.

I just can't see past the idea that all CO's/DO's are real society men who are in a sort of JW bubble. Maybe it''s nice for them but when all things come to pass and they are possibly let down by the WTS or their beliefs then we shall see the making of the man.

I'd rather live in the real world & be properly equiped to deal with lifes inevitablities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit