Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some British notables who could motivate, make you laugh , and who generally stick in the memory ( some go back away)

John Blaney

Jim Buckingham

Ernie Beaver [aka Armageddon Ernie] , ps it still hasn't come has it?

Richard Cullen

David Carter

Nowadays the men I see are born in, pioneer-from-school clones who do nothing more exciting than send a report to Bethel...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I recall Cullen and Blaney

• highdose
    highdose

hey! JookBeard, Alan Stokes left??? when did this happen? wasn't he the guy they would send all over the world?

i remember Mike Hodgson, he told the same jokes every single talk, never seemed to notice when he no longer got a laugh.

Anyone remember John Stanbridge? i think theyv'e retired him now. Now he got on platform and informed everyone that single parent familes were unspirtual and to be avoided!

• DNCall
    DNCall

I believe Angelo had a brother who served on a body of elders in New Jersey or New York. I had corresponded with him regarding a reinstatement.

• minimus
    minimus

On some other threads here, there is mention of an Anthony.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So for those of us who remember Catanzaro from the NY area, anyone else heard about him taking his life, or is just another Borg rumor?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

heard he left years ago HD probably dead now

• four candles
    four candles

Big Jim Buckingham was ace!!!!!! Peter Morgan was a good un, as was Mike Parsons,he was the first one to take a real interest in the kids plus he loved the goons and python. Worked in the ministry with him once and it was all goon and python quotes,even dared him to get one in on the door,which he did.........power to him!!

Anyone remember Rod Ketter???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

anyone heard of Jeff Woodfield?

• highdose
    highdose

alan stokes was "in" at least 3 years ago, i saw him giving talks at the assemblys.

Yes Jeff Woodfeild, VV boring speaker, great for sunday afternoon snozes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit