Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Bro kite :)) lester bailey rings a bell?????? think?????? bailey????????

• four candles
    four candles

Hey MM,I'd forgotten about George Hilton,he was a cracker!!! He was stopped in his tracks once when Winnie set off laughing,remember her???

• scotinsw
    scotinsw
    Ian Shanks was someone who made me re-believe the truth at a time when I was thoroughly toiling to hang on to the religion. Looking back, he was a proper society man who had a quiet ruthless streak (seen in my ministerial servant capacity & not obvious to many others). At the time I liked him.

Ian was one the most surpressed gay men I've ever come across in my life.!

• Nellie
    Nellie

I'm surprised that not one of the names mentioned in this thread rings a bell. There a tons of ex-COs and DOs down here in Florida - this is a popular retirement place! The last one I know of is Mario Beltrami. Funny thing, he was our CO many times (in different states) before we came here - when he was put out to pasture down here, he didn't have the foggiest memory of us! oh well.

• donuthole
    donuthole

That sounds like the Bailey's all right. We had a sister here who took "sister" Bailey shopping on each visit. Wonder what her credit card bills looked like.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

hey nellie, mario beltrami is still CO/DO?

are they still paying his way......

I still remember him vividly calling babilon the great/catholic church a "whore" and he used the colorful tern, and everyone in the audience gasped!

good guy, but blind

• blondie
    blondie
    The last CO I had was Ed Fariance. He made an impact on me, but in the wrong way. He was instrumental in my decision to leave once and for all. He was a very charismatic speaker, but very much a company man. He had a tendency to view the brothers and sisters as numbers, instead of individuals. He hated free-thinkers, and free-thinking elders even more. He probably removed more elders in the circuit than all previous CO's.

I remember him...wasn't it about 20 elders he canned, mostly long time ones. He visited one congregation and went over 45 minutes on all 3 days, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. He made a living in time management....ha!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Donald Holley and wife Celia, just moved from a Gloucestershire circuit to a Birmingham one,

hope the 'brummies' enjoy them!

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit