Circuit & District Overseers That Made An Impact

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Well, there was, um, oh shit...can't remember his name.

But there was, um, hmmm...can't remember his name either.

Oh, there was...oh, what's his name? Darnit...

Anyway...there was this one CO, he...no he was a jerk...

On second thought...nevermind.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I can think of one who made a negative impact throughout our area.........Bill Adams...........

What an arrogant self righteous prick!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Regardless of how nice they seemed, in the end they supported the WTS administrative structure. I saw this happen in 2 case of child abuse. Instead they lacked the "balls" to stand up for what was right, instead saying "wait on Jehovah."

I agree with Blondie. I was that myself, and there is a point I think most elders and CO's cross where they decide to be honest or stifle their brains....

Regardless of how "nice" a CO, they still stayed in and support cult leadership. CO's in particular get to see the widest swath of destruction and fatigue that the GB's teachings cause.

For the old timers, there are pragmatic reasons for staying where they are. Of course, these days, being an experienced CO doesn't mean you will be kept on the reservation anymore....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ATJ, do any of those other names I mentioned ring a bell?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I've heard of Cantazaro and Boles, but never met them, and only heard their names in passing while around the Service Dept.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Boles died a few years back. Not sure about the Catman

• parakeet
    parakeet

Can't remember the names of any of them. They were just a series of bland, vanilla-brained men whose only claim to fame was better public speaking skills than the average elder.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Isaacaustin:

Danny Bowles was brought in to our circuit to clean up after lunitic CO had wreaked havoc. Always thought Danny was kind. I heard he died some years ago.

George Warienchuck was related to my best friend's family. Last I knew, he was serving Portugese language circuits. I remember him insisting on paying for my friend and me when we met him in the lounge at the Newark, NJ airport. I liked him as a person, although I don't know what it was like to be "served" by him.

F.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

DNC, Bowles died during minor surgery. When they opened him up they found cancer in him and he died.

Warienchuk- my mom just told me he is a a recent magazine with his wife, and referenced to serving in the Portuguese circuit.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I dont remember most of their neams, I do remember Martin Flowers though.

He lied to my face and swore that the society always reports accusations of child abuse and always have. So either he was lying or extrememly ignorant.

I also confronted him about JC's for victims of sexual abuse. I said that it was cruel and abusive for a sexual abuse victim to have to tell her story in detail to a group of men and asked him if that was still the way the society handled such cases.

He stopped making eye contact with me and looked away and to the ground saying " uhhh, I'm not sure about that, I'll have to check"

I have this conversation recorded on tape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit