November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Every Cult has thier way of Indoctrinating the Mass`s..

The Cosmic Drama:

Rutherford era illustration from the Enemies book.

Notice the Native American in the left front row

Notice all the Jehovah`s Witness`s giving the Nazi Salute, some with WBT$ Literature..

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Idiots! Freaking, braindead idiots.

Here's the thing. Some couples hug. The newlyweds tend to grope. Palmtree had it right. Only a couple of couples, if they are being a distraction, needed to be talked to privately.

But we need to have another rule. Another rule. Even though the GB takes great pains to say Christendom is like the Pharisees.

Whatever.

I am so glad to be out of that sickness.

• dinah
    dinah

Love Removal Machine...............

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Displays of natural affection is a no-no...so what else is new?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ATJ..

You will Not hold hands with your Girlfriend!!

The WBT$ says So!!

Now give me a Frigg`n "WBT$ Nazi Salute!"

With a Watchtower in your hand!.

Hitler likes the Tower!

.....................OUTLAW

• MyBrainHurts
    MyBrainHurts

The only reason why anyone might be stumbled or offended is because the Society has SUGGESTED it.

Do you really know anyone who would be offended if you saw a MARRIED couple embrace during a prayer?

God forbid that the Society allow people to show love....you know, like how God is love and we are to show our neighbor love? NOT ALLOWED!!!

• dissed
    dissed

mybrainhurts

I agree. The only ones who will be stumbled are the SR's who want to judge others and prove how SR they are

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Just a thought; the last JW wedding I attended was described by the CO who gave the ceremony as (a chance to) "enrich John's Ministry" no reference to love or amy of that other stuff, just a business arrangement.

Fortunately, this will pull another nail from my wife's coffin. Out any day now. Ever read those scriptures? They have nothing to do with this.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I told my parents of this article, and at first mom said 'thats so wrong!'...then she changed her tune, deciding that it has been mentioned because it is perhaps upsetting those that are single, or have lost their mate in death. She believes that for 1.5hrs (sunday meeting for eg), people should be able to restrain themselves enough not to hold hands etc. Dad added that when going to a meeting, it's for worship and to learn about Jehovah, not to stand and hold hands. So, that's their take but of course, they're still in (and probably always will be).

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Are there any scans of the english version of this article?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit