Do You Really Trust The Police?

by minimus 103 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    ...they interrogated me about the fact that it was the middle of the night and I had to leave my vehicle in order to walk a mile down the road, get a gas can, fill it up, and walk back to my van. No help whatsoever, just snooping around to see if I had pot, insulting me directly and using intimidation to test my claim that it was, in fact, my vehicle.

My bad cop story...

I had a wreck in the middle of nowhere...alone, late at night. I was not drinking, just overdrove the curve of the road I was not familiar with, overcorrected, went off the road and totaled the car. The sound awoke a nearby neighbor who called the cops. This was before cell phones. Highway patrolman comes, ambulance comes, fire truck comes. Ambulance leaves when it's discoverd I'm okay. The fire truck hoses everything down and leaves. The HP officer calls a local tow company. Tow truck comes, takes what's left of the car and hauls it off.

Cop writes me a ticket for 'exceeding safe speed', questions me thoroughly about how much I had to drink. I guess he was satisfied I was not drinking and prepares to leave. I need a ride. I ask for a ride to a hotel or at least to the HP station so I can call and wait for someone. His response, "not my job. you'll have to find some other way into town."

I had to remind him that his duty is to serve and protect and that I needed his service. I was pretty pissed about it. He finally relented and gave me a ride but lectured me the entire trip into town.

He was a real douchebag.

But to be fair and balanced, a while back we had an intruder on our property. He tried to get in the house but the dog scared him off. We called the cops and the cop that came out was professional, courteous and thorough. I was most impressed with him and sent an email to him later thanking him for his assistance.

We can bitch about the bad cops and we have every right to...but when a good cop impresses you with his professionalism, let him or his supervisor know.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Whatchootalkin'aboutDaniel???

just mocking John Doe's brain-dead comment...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF, you ever consider it might just be you? ;)

Ha! You never know. Maybe they mistook him for me. We both had the same first name, after all. (That in itself caused me no end of problems after his death, but that's another rant... Just never name your kids after yourself, that's all I can say)

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

But to be fair and balanced, a while back we had an intruder on our property. He tried to get in the house but the dog scared him off. We called the cops and the cop that came out was professional, courteous and thorough. I was most impressed with him and sent an email to him later thanking him for his assistance.

We can bitch about the bad cops and we have every right to...but when a good cop impresses you with his professionalism, let him or his supervisor know.

My basic point is that there are legitimate services cops can provide (like the above), but the vast majority of how they spend their time is designed to serve other purposes (i.e. not to "serve and protect" in real sense of those words, but to enforce laws that keep society socially and racially segmented).

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hell, if I were a cop, I'd give you a hard time as well. You're a certifiable dick.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hell, if I were a cop, I'd give you a hard time as well. You're a certified dick.

Stuff it, knob-gobbler. You dish plenty yourself.

• John Doe
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Speaking as one who knows a few of them. If the saying is true, that it takes one to know one. There are some I don't trust at all, and some I would trust with my life, every day.

• avishai
    avishai

nope. Power attracts the corruptible.

• minimus
    minimus

I was driving from NYC late at night and traffic was bad. When I got to the Mass. border I asked my GF if she would mind driving since she had slept for a couple of hours. I began to pull over and as I was looking for a safe place to pull over, I suddenly saw flashing blue lights. The trooper asked me if I was drinking since he saw me cross the line. I told him I had not and I was pulling over to switch drivers. He then asked me a total of 3 times!!!! if I had been drinking saying he could "smell" alcohol. I said I had not. He then asked me if I would consent to taking his portable breathalyzer and if I was less than an .05%, he'd just let me go. I consented. I waited another 10+ minutes for him to get another trooper involved. I blew and was ZEROS! He thanked me profusely for "being so cooperative" and said I was "all set". I then asked for my license back and he said for me to wait in the car. When I asked why, he said he had to write a "warning for driving over marked lanes". He minimized it, saying it wasn't a ticket and once again thanked me for my cooperation. I was sufficiently awake by that time and drove the rest of the way back.

The lying bastard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit