Do You Really Trust The Police?

by minimus 103 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

FF, Dunkin Donuts is always protected.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Our perception of reality is certainly an important thing to continually evaluate. Everyone should do so.

I'm not talking about merely perception. I'm talking about the self fulfilling prophecy--people most often treat us like we expect them to. Our attitude and interactions shapes the way they treat us.

I agree. But it doesn't preclude the possibility that someday we will be wrongfully criminalized.

• minimus
    minimus

My cop friend would typically arrest BOTH parties. He figured, let the judge figure it out.

• minimus
    minimus

Many minorities do nothing wrong but still get picked on by LE.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Our attitude and interactions shapes the way they treat us.

That's right! If my father wasn't acting like a f*cking dead guy his $300 would not have been taken.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Many minorities do nothing wrong but still get picked on by LE.

Social constructivism and the medicalization and criminalization of social deviance that does not harm others is the number one reason why most resources funding the police and prison systems is a waste.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think part of the problem is you never know what kind of cop you will get in any given situation.

Some cops de-escalate a situation, others can complicate.

As I have gotten older, I find it difficult to trust the judgement of younger cops.

I have had some cops treat me more than fair and others on some kind

of weird power trip and just make a disaster out of nothing.

I have had my child detained and not told where he was, questioning him and keeping him overnight only to find out he was completely innocent.

I have been clocked speeding double over the speed limit 110 in a 55 and came away with only a warning ticket when I could have been very well hauled to jail.

I have also been in the middle of and a victim of someone else's vindictiveness, until it was all sorted out by a cop that knew the person was a nut, but not until I was

picked up unjustly, finger-printed and mug shot and nearly escaped a cavity exam.

I have had more than my fair share of dealings with cops. An abusive husband when a cop was needed to get him out of the house.

Some cops will haul you in for the same thing another cop will just make sure all is safe and leave.

I know cops that but people right and left for marijuana only to be users themselves.

The thing is, they have the authority, no matter how young, how crazy, how accommodating, useful or not.

It is an authority we have to show a measure of respect to and for.

There are laws to protect both citizens and cops.

But we never know how deep corruption can go.

I would not be a cop for any amount of money in the world.

Any run in with a cop, whether guilty or innocent

is something you don't want to write home about.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That's right! If my father wasn't acting like a f*cking dead guy his $300 would not have been taken.

W

FF, you ever consider it might just be you? ;)

• minimus
    minimus

Whatchootalkin'aboutDaniel???

• minimus
    minimus

Purps, well stated and understandable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit