What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

I am curious, how many here have actually used a gun? not just shoot one, used it on another human?

You don't have to shoot someone to use it on someone. Ever had one pointed at you? Do you know what constructive force is?

just curious if others have had the chance to see what guns can do to people, real people.

I've been a part of over 175 shooting investigations over the last 17 years. About half of that involving people and half property. Why do you ask?

• avishai
    avishai

Really? Brazil has a much higher firearm homicide rate, and much stricter laws. I believe Russia does too, but I'll have to re-check.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sorry .

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Just couriousity, I often wonder if people that are against gun control have ever seen the real damage gun can do.

I myself would LOVE to be FOR Gun control, for I have seen it, unfortuntely, I have yet to see any gun control law worth anything.

Fact is, guns make it too easy to take a life and many people seem very cavalier about that.

But until the issue of illegal firearms is addressed, keeping legal fireamr out of the hands of law abiding civilians makes no sense at all.

• besty
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

We have more gun laws than we know what to do with in NJ. Two of the fatals were Bow and arrow.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Shot, clubbed, stabbed. It's dead just the same. Murder is murder regardless of instrument, dead is dead regardless as well.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

Shot, clubbed, stabbed. It's dead just the same. Murder is murder regardless of instrument, dead is dead regardless as well.

Yea, but, I think I'd rather be shot by a gun than a Bow and arrow. Not that I'd like to be shot.

• besty
    besty

And as you noted earlier BTS America has always had a high homicide rate - 0.042802 per 1,000 people in fact, compared to 0.0140633 per 1,000 people for the UK. So 3 times as likely to die by murder here in the US than over in the UK.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

I note you can't bring yourself to substantiate or retract your unfounded allegation?

Goodbye BTS - the sooner Simon implements the ability to ignore certain posters the better.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My allegation stands. There is homicide, and then there is homicide by [instrument]. Naturally, if you are going to mix and match the two, you can obfuscate. But you are not fooling anyone. Firearm homicides are a subset of all homicides. And as I have said and have proven on this thread, gun ownership does not correlate well with overall homicides. Care to prove otherwise? I challenge you. You continue to ignore this and talk past my argument, because to do othewise would be to admit you are wrong. Gun control has not reduced homicide rates here, if anything, increased accessibility has coincided with decreasing rates. Plain and simple.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit