"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah

ATJ, I meant to read this yesterday but didn't have the time.

Well said!

Everything, everything depended on how strong your "Love for Jehovah" was. It's all about control. You better love God (read agree with us and do what we say) or God will kill you dead at Armageddon and the birds will pick your eyeballs out.

Have you tackled the "make the truth your own" crap yet?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Blondie, for as much as JW's talk about using the bible, you are 100% right. They have always started backwards for their own convenience, and if a scripture might work, they will use it. They have never let the bible get in the way of what they want....

Dinah, I need ideas for my blogs.... Thats a good one! Thanks.... I usually get my ideas for blogs off of a statement or two here or on Ronnie's board......

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Let all things take place for the good of those who love Jehovah, and let all things be for the glorification of Jehovah, as we let Jehovah be found true, despite what anyone else may say to try to deflect from the credit and honour which Jehovah so rightly deserves.

• bohm
    bohm

id like to add - "Let all things take place for the good of those who love father moon, and let all things be for the glorification of father moon, as we let father moon be found true, despite what anyone else may say to try to deflect from the credit and honour which father moon so rightly deserves."

Comeone spike. You gotta admit that to a moonie what i wrote above make exactly as much sence as what you wrote do. So just stating it wont really accomplish anything because it add no new knowledge to the thread. and quite frankly - if you read the father moon version, does such a mantra not sound a bit brainwashed? is that *really* the impression you want to give? (that was a rethorical question!) back on topic!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Let all things take place for the good of those who love Jehovah, and let all things be for the glorification of Jehovah, as we let Jehovah be found true, despite what anyone else may say to try to deflect from the credit and honour which Jehovah so rightly deserves.

Bohm, its all good. Spike was trying to give the old JW line "Let god be found true, though every man be found a liar."

Thats an interesting statement, its actually a prayer from the followers of god to be vindicated for their faith, and that the nay sayers be shown up as liars.

20th Century Scoreboard

Naysayers: 21 - JW's: 0

I don't really care what Spike says. He is a JW, or a JW sympathizer apologist. I write a HUGE wordy essay, and the quote above is his best retort. It's all about how people are treated, and he retreats to "Lets love and credit Jehovah".

I really don't expect any more from him then this outstanding piece of logic and thinking, to which he no doubt should credit the Governing Body for training him so well in how to talk and answer questions.

Spike does more for opponents of JW's then perhaps he understands, and because he doesn't understand, I could care less to enlighten the poor chap...

Nighty night.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

We each take our place, according to our respective disposition.

• LanDi
    LanDi

Very well analysed.

It shows a great deal of prejudice toward non believers and a total lack of love

( God is love, man cannot say he loves God who he has not seen and yet not love his neighhbour who he has seen. - Book of John ? Rough paraphrase)These are the people who are supposed to guide their followers, Gods sheep ? So all the time the Jws are trying to prove themselves to each other, and are judging one another and everyone else based on the other persons dedication to God ( read the FDS, WTS- they are pretty much the same thing they keep drumming into us)

They're damn scary. It is a cycle of complete obedience to every word uttered, one Watchtower even stated you should believe everything the GB teach. SO you have a bunch of followers who look down their noses at us and our immoral ways, despising us for our lack of commitment to the FDS.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupt absolutely."

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Love the sinners, hate the sin. Just as it should be. Immorality is unacceptable.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Love the sinners, hate the sin. Just as it should be. Immorality is unacceptable.

• To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves - there lies the great, singular power of self-respect. ~Joan Didion
    • That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong. ~William J.H. Boetcker
    • I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself. I will be rich by myself, and not by borrowing. ~Michel de Montaigne
    • I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him; it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man's self-respect is a sin. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Any "Poster's" Topic, including this one, is in the public domain, and the debate and tangents and fine points can all be made without discrediting any of the others. And we should all remember that this Board is available to us by Simon and Angharad, who have both supported Reniaa's and my contributions on the Board. Respect for authority and the rights of all here should be factored in to every one of our posts.....Spike Tassel

Spike..

This is ATJ`s Thread..Your off topic..ATJ has every right to maintain control of his thread..

.................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit