"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So the other 6 billion non Jehovahs Witnesses have no REAL love for anyone?..........

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chilling.

'if you were to look at it from gods point of view, he would much rather you know yourself first, just like any good parent would.'

This should be the first serious truth that people learn. It should taught to kids, when they start to ask questions about god and stuff like that. It is the answer to the question, 'where can we go?'.

S

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have been thinking about attending this years' district convention. In South Africa they usually run those over the Decmeber period. I was going to take 2 of my gay friends to show them exactly what it was all about and how one has to conform to their way - only their way.

Love: It is sad when a human be it a JW or not can take Love and pervert it for their own gain. I abhore such behaviour no matter where it stems from. That in it'self is not of God, for god is love, and if I have to belong to a sect or do certain things to get your love - well I won't stick around - I will rather go without. I love myself too much thanks.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

FAKE standard is right.

They REDEFINE love to include ramming the WT down your throat and letting you bleed to death if required. If the person who says they love you wouldnt do this, no matter how kind and tender and caring and giving they are, it is not "really" love.

A classic example of Cultspeak.

And one of the ways they craftily put a wedge between the dub and their non witless relatives.

Who said they dont wreck families??? This is one way - make you doubt the love of your relatives.

HB

• Mary
    Mary
    And don't forget to love those that love Jehovah. They are the ones to be trusted. Anyone else who says they love you, or worse, SHOWS that they love you? Sorry, they don't count. Because they don't know Jehovah, and they don't love Jehovah, so their love isn't real.

Excellent analysis Jeff, although sad and all too true. We were taught from birth that everyone who was not a dedicated, baptized Witness was going to be murdered by Jehovah at Armageddon, no matter how good a person they were. I knew many 'worldly' people who were just as nice, if not nicer than people in my congregation. They were honest, law-abiding people who went to church, did charity work, were raising their children in a loving environment, had faith in Jesus, etc. etc., yet they were viewed as being 'from their father the devil', simply because they weren't Witnesses. Even when I was a believing Dub, I still had "worldly" friends, and was councilled several times about the 'dangers' of associating with 'people who don't love Jehovah'.

The idea of any cult is that everyone outside the group is evil, no matter what common sense should tell them. This is how they keep control. Another poster on here is constantly being told by his family "...is it so bad to lead a clean moral life with people who love Jehovah in order to have your family"? They don't seem to realize or care that their 'love' is purely conditional on how loyal someone is to the religion.

If ever a group of people fulfilled the description of 'not having natural affection', it's this group.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In Watchtower World..The WBT$=Jehovah..

"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

Translation:"Remember,nobody can Really love you unless they know and love the WBT$ first."

.................OUTLAW

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I knew many 'worldly' people who were just as nice, if not nicer than people in my congregation. They were honest, law-abiding people who went to church, did charity work, were raising their children in a loving environment, had faith in Jesus, etc. etc., yet they were viewed as being 'from their father the devil', simply because they weren't Witnesses. Even when I was a believing Dub, I still had "worldly" friends, and was councilled several times about the 'dangers' of associating with 'people who don't love Jehovah'.

Same here Mary, and truth be told... I think I always preferred the parents of my worldly friends than the parents in the KH... they always seemed so much more genuine, and real.

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Alltimejim: Thanks for the expose, a worthy read and well outlined.

The only thing that I wonder about though is this, do you believe that they (GB) actually intentionally manipulate people to this degree? The reason I ask is it’s very hard to fathom that they are this intelligent and shrewd to influence people too this level.

I’m sure you understand that your suggesting they consciously and intentionally manipulate emotions to keep and grow their ranks. We have to be honest here, can they be that wicked and ill-intentioned? If so we have to give them credit for the extreme creativity in wording things just right to pressure followers into believing they are the light so to speak. If this be the case, one has to wonder why? You yourself say they “are small time” and will most likely stay this way. Seems to me they are using a lot of mental resources and energy to develop something that in the end won’t amount to much.

I am going to assume that these men are actually sincere and do believe what they preach and they themselves are so brainwashed with delusions of grandeur that they are no longer able to distinguish truth and reality. Psychologically speaking this is pretty scary stuff.

• Girlie
    Girlie

When I heard that statement uttered this past Sunday, I didn't really give much thought to it (I was in another world throughout the entire time of the convention). Having read this post, I didn't realize the gravity of the statement and what it really meant. Thanks for breaking this down ATJ.

This reminds me of a door-to-door incident that happened some years ago. I was working with my study conductor and we approached the door of this young woman. The article that was displayed on the front cover of the WT talked about love. The sister made the erroneous statement that only true christians (JWs) are capable of showing true love. This got the householder incensed and she was like, "Wait aminute lady. You mean to tell me that only those of your religion are capable of showing love? That no one else outside of it are capable of loving their fellowman or any of you JWs"? Sista got stumped and was stammering, trying to take the foot out of her mouth. Needless to say, the householder didn't accept the literature. LOL

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm sure that wt management believes that to be true. It's a variation of the christian 'love god first' phrase. 'Course, they do include the gb in w jehovah that must be loved first. A search of the phrase love god first yields 54,000 results - http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=love+god+first&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit