"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It's basic fear-mongering again.

The implication is that, even if you THINK someone loves you, they don't if they aren't a JW.

Nice.....

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

And if you are a JW lurking on the internet and reading this, (in disobedience to the 9 men in charge at Brooklyn), you must say sometimes (as I used to) "Jehovah's Witnesses aren't all that bad. Yeah, I don't agree with everything (not that I am ever going to let that be known), but they aren't evil. I have friends. I am not bad.... So why do former Jehovah's Witnesses make such a big deal? Why can't they leave and just leave us alone?"

Do you realize how many people say those words, interesting I have heard this from my own mother and mother-inlaw and they consider themselves to be spiritually strong...

"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

"There are no friends, no people that you can love or trust, unless they serve and follow OUR god." And so millions of JW's this year will watch a play designed to indoctrinate this idea into their followers once again....

What I'm thinking here is quite a number of years ago, the cong's got on the kick about helping your neighbors, being friendly doing things for them, perhaps taking a meal when they are sick or shoveling the snow etc...I feel a lot developed friendships this way they realized these people were not all bad and even if they did not convert them the friendships have continued.....this is a big worry to the GB.

Those articles are fairly recent also, which really shows how much they are indoctrinating and continue to push and push these thoughts to keep people in fear that it is only through them you gain any kind of life....

You don't need to think for your self God has provided that for you....We need to think for ourselves, research, research, research.

Excellent thread Jeff....

h4o

• blondie
    blondie

This reminds me so much of the last circuit assembly I attended where they said from the platform that being married to a non-jw was kissing a corpse. I saw 3 sisters sitting in the audience next to their non-jw husbands (who they married before becoming jws), flinch, one got up and left. It was the last time the one's husband came to a jw meeting. Imagine calling him a corpose.

Blondie

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

What’s really sad is the manipulation of a basic human feeling like love and spinning it to favor their close minded attitude towards the rest of the world.. Any thinking and feeling human being be it a JW or not shouldn’t accept such a narrow minded point of view, to do so is to allow others to control all aspects of your being. Even if the intentions is to protect the organization it’s going way to far.

Something I thought of: When I left the JW’s, did that automatically nullify the love I had for my wife? After all I did stop loving Jehovah!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Blondie,

That's not even scriptural, Paul says that a believer must remain married to an unbeleiver, that in that union the unbeliever becomes saved by the believer.

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

that being married to a non-jw was kissing a corpse” Talk about your major “foot in the mouth moment” LOL. I’ll bet a good 25% of the sisters married to JW husbands were saying exactly the same thing about their own husbands.

Sorry I just couldn't resist!

• Priest73
    Priest73
    This is because the TRUE worshipper of Jehovah is loyal to Jehovah and His interests. Someone who does NOT know and love Jehovah FIRST, simply doesn't have the capacity of TRULY love the TRUE worshipper of Jehovah, and the TRUE worshipper of Jehovah will NOT be drawn to such a "someone". Also, that "someone" will constantly be pressuring the TRUE worshipper of Jehovah to compromise their INTEGRITY at least to some degree.

So? If I don't believe in the easter bunny, I can't eat eggs? Make heap big sense to me.

***In baby voice***

Got your nose spike, Yes I do. Yes I do!

• blondie
    blondie

That's not even scriptural

Like that stopped the WTS from making an assertion before.....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Any "Poster's" Topic, including this one, is in the public domain, and the debate and tangents and fine points can all be made without discrediting any of the others. And we should all remember that this Board is available to us by Simon and Angharad, who have both supported Reniaa's and my contributions on the Board. Respect for authority and the rights of all here should be factored in to every one of our posts.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Blondie said:

This reminds me so much of the last circuit assembly I attended where they said from the platform that being married to a non-jw was kissing a corpse. I saw 3 sisters sitting in the audience next to their non-jw husbands (who they married before becoming jws), flinch, one got up and left. It was the last time the one's husband came to a jw meeting. Imagine calling him a corpose.

Wow!

Ah, well. Just as well, really. I wonder if the one who got up and left ever fully awakened...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit