"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Billy

All the freaking time! Elders have to deal with publishers who don't get along. My favorite: "You may not like your brother, but you have to love him."

Really? After all, Jehovah may not like me right now, which is why he is only dealing with the annointed, but if I kiss enough of the GB @$$, then Jehovah will have to love me.

Simply put: You cannot legislate love. It's been tried. See: Jehovah's Witnesses, 20th century AD (or CE if you're still stuck on that.)

• Chalam
    Chalam

Agreed, love flows from the Spirit of God who lives within the born again believer. It is not a product of "working it up" or "trying hard" but comes naturally for those walking in the Spirit.

John 7:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

JW's cannot "remain in love", the sinful nature always bubbles up Romans 7:15

All the best,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Chalam, the majority of people in this world love without the aid of Christian holy spirit. Although I do not begrudge your view that your love flows from it as you understand it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I understand Jeff.

My experience is this. I had little love for years. In fact, in many ways I was full of bitterness, hatred and in-forgiveness.

But when the Holy Spirit comes and you allow Him to work, He does He thing and all the good stuff comes without trying.

I find I have compassion and love for people I never dreamed I would off. I wasn't against helping these people, just I had no time or heart for it.

Also, now I find I want the best for people and to see people getting on rather than just being concerned with my own welfare.

For example, I'd love to see everyone here really free of the WT shackles but I believe only Jesus can really do that.

Hope that explains a little.

All the best,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Stephen

Thats cool. I know you mean well. I think it just fair to point out that others love, and are loved, outside of a general Christian theology.

Having said that, I am sure that many benefit from your kind efforts in showing scriptures that bring out the power of love.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God's gift of grace is for all and as such, his love is for all, christian and non-christian alike ( thought it can be argued that unless you ara a christian you can't receive the gift the God has given you).

Love is the universal law of God that transends religion.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Grace (a.k.a. undeserved kindness) is such an important feature of love, but many don't get it (they either don't receive it; or they don't understand it). Common ground, especially in a spiritual way, is critical for a proper, intimate relationship to develop and be maintained.

• Chalam
    Chalam

That's because Grace is not taught in the kingdom halls.

The word appears over 100 times in the new testament so it is pretty important

Strong's Greek Dictionary: 5485. charis (khar'-ece)

The reason the WT do not teach Grace is because it points to Jesus

John 1:17 (New International Version)

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Every JW needs to know this verse

Romans 11:6 (New International Version)

6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

And this

Galatians 5:4 (New International Version)

4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

And these

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

This is worth bearing in mind too Jude 1:4

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

As I said "Grace (a.k.a. undeserved kindness)". "Undeserved kindness" certainly is taught by JWs. It accounts for much of what people practicing the Bible's good teachings do, including when there is a quick settling of accounts and when anyone forgives freely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit