"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Flying Spaghetti Monster first!

FSM

Really, you can insert any fictional character in that sentance and it equally meets the needs of any nutty religion:

Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Allah first

Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Buddha first

Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Billy the Ex-Bethelite first

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that, IF it had been put in a way such as this, it probaly would have made more sense:

If someone can't love God, who loves us without conditions and gave us the gift of Grace, how can they love someone else who, typically, puts conditions and barriers and limitarions on Love?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The conditions of righteousness and love preclude any unrighteousness and animosity on our part, as we allow Jehovah to retribute vengeance, if it is warranted at all.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don't want to love a vengeful god - therefore I can't love anyone.........Shucks

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If you love Jehovah with all that you are, and your neighbour as yourself, then you have nothing to worry about, and we won't have to worry about you either.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The idea that one must love the corporate sock puppet Jehovah in order to love anyone else is really one of the stupidest things to come out of New York in some time; that takes some doing.

Love who? What? Romantic love? Brotherly love? Love an entertainer?

The idea that God loves us is open to argument; why subject us to sickness if he could take it away? And save your solipsistic argument about sovereignty, not interested.

That statement sounds like projection from the society; since they are incapable of loving the fellowship, they tell us that we must love their invented god or else our relationships are junk.

I reject the idea out of hand, and reject them as having any standing to say it. They have never once showed love for the fellowship, and regularly blame us for 1975 and any other number of ills that they are responsible for.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Principled love for Jehovah, for our neighbour, and ourself really shouldn't be in dispute, IF the Gospel accounts of Jesus' own words are seriously accepted and applied, which the Topic saying is simply trying to help us with, in my honest opinion.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Spike:

Now you have changed your argument. You were defending the thread title, that we can't love unless we love Jehovah.

Now you have backed up and are saying just love Jehovah, neighbor and self, not as crazy but still let's look at it.

Can you find it in yourself to love your neighbor and yourself if there is no God, or if he is not interested in you? There is more evidence of him not caring for us than otherwise.

My concept of a god is a higher power concept; my god does not need anything from me, he is not needy.

My own ethics tell me to love my neighbor and myself.

I don't need to love Jehovah to love another being, that is just the dumbest thing and that you keep defending it tells me that you are dependent on the WT.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The whole idea that you can't love another, or that another can't love you, unless they love the Governing Body approved "Jehovah" is offensive and a trademark of a cult. Cults legislate through dogma and interpretation who their sheep can love, and who can love them.

It's all a control mechanism.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jeff,

Ironically, a few weeks before the crapvention, a local elder gave the talk "Love Identifies the True Christian Congregation". He didn't follow the outline. Since there were so many problems among the "friends" here, he reworked it to something like, "Lovelessness Happens in the True Christian Congregation... Get Over It".

With so many families in a mess, power struggles among the elders, publishers just not getting along with one another, the speaker just blamed it on "imperfection" and "the wicked system". Isn't loving Jehovah enough to overcome all of those obsticles? Guess not. Things haven't improved locally since that awful talk or the crapvention drama. One can conclude that there is no knowledge or love of Jehovah in the Kingdumb Hauls. Sure, they can dress people up and have them walk around and gesture to a recording from Watchtower Corp. but it doesn't make it true.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit