"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

by AllTimeJeff 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, its time for your drug test dude.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Speak for yourself, or whoever you are duly authorised to represent, which does NOT include me. I love you by admonishing you this way, since I know and love the word of Jehovah and apply it in my affairs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Spike

'I know and love the word of Jehovah and apply it in my affairs.'

Does jehovah's authorized earthly organization authorize you to be on this site?

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, you have littered this post in my opinion with your platitudes that do nothing other then provoke. You are not discussing anything. Please stop it. If you have a retort to the original question as someone who supports JW's, then I would ask you to provide proofs and references for your retort.

Here are your last few statements. They are from page 5 of this thread till now... in order

reading comprehension is marvelous, and helps one love better, especially those one is trying to persuade.
    Jehovah didn't turn his back, some of his reps may have, though. Were they working with all of Jehovah's views about us? No, only the ones that were "red flags" in the reps minds. "Discipline" is still a very misunderstood concept, it would seem. It's actually not about punishment at all, it's about "making disciples".
    Jehovah always knows what we're up to, so he hasn't turned his back. On the other hand, if we've turned our back on Jehovah, then we can't see the new light. Once we return to the light, we see what it is, and are no longer in the dark.
    He's the Creator. All of the creation is a result of His energy. Th Bible says something like: even if we tried to hide in the ocean, Jehovah would see us there; and if we tried to escape Him by going into space, He'd see that, too.
    Real JWs have a variety of proof they can give you, in the way of Bible-based publications which address all of your concerns if you but take the time, with an open mind.
    Speak for yourself, or whoever you are duly authorised to represent, which does NOT include me. I love you by admonishing you this way, since I know and love the word of Jehovah and apply it in my affairs.

These responses came in response to questions to you, which you dodged, and even a scripture by me that did not refer to Jehovah at all, which you claimed answered the question.

This is the behavior of a troll Spike. You only wish to come on here and bait people and destroy the legitimate discussion of topics like this. I honestly don't know why you act this way, and I do not care. If you wish to do this with other threads, go ahead, but I will demand that even if you disagree (which is noted) that you interact properly, and by that, I mean answer a question instead of dodging it, and post statements that are in context with what the thread and subsequent comments are about.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

To everyone not Spike

He is acting like a troll. Please consider if whether or not to address his meandering bullsh*t is the best way to deal with him. I am seriously considering asking for a mod to look into this. This is a serious discussion, and while I don't mind a JW disagreeing with me, even vehemently, I do draw the line at purposeful troll like behavior.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Jeff,

In one sense I still don't really understand the widespread use of the tern "troll".

Sure, there must be a small percentage of people out here in netland who would invest large amounts of time to play games and mess with people. However, I believe they must be very few and far between? Please do not take this personally, I am just commenting on the frequent use of the term and trying to understand what a "troll" really is.

In once sense, every believing JW is a troll here. That is because they are in the minority. If we go to their boards, we become the trolls.

Certain characters on this board can be quite frustrating to engage with. I find myself talking a break from some of them.

However, with regards to Spike my guess is he is sincere. I actually see he is actually starting to grasp some biblical truths rather than "the truthâ„¢".

All the best,

Stephen

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Chalam;

From wikipedia;

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response [ 1 ] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. [2]"

I think Spike and Reniaa both fit the bill.

• wobble
    wobble

I have recently started to not read any of Ren's comments on athread,and find I am still able to engage with the discussion on the thread as though she is not there,which shows how off-topic and troll-like "she" is.

I find Spike to be not quite so bad,as yet,but he does need dragging back on topic very often.

I think too ,to get back on topic,nobody can really love another in the fullest sense,unless they come to know the god who is love,the God who died for us.

love

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Stephen, I thank you for sharing your thoughts, but its one thing to disagree and argue, which I do respect, and the purposeful attempt to sabatoge threads as I perceive Spike to be doing.

I do not begrudge Spike in anything he does. Obviously, we have zero interaction outside of this board. But he doesn't answer questions, often leaves mysterious statements that are disresepctful to former JW's yet do not apply to the current discussion, and this is the beavior of a troll.

Many JW's and former JW's recall people who would go on the internet, and try everything from uploading viruses to just trying to be a pain in the ass on threads. The sad thing is, many don't take it seriously, they know exactly what they are doing.

To the ones that do take themselves seriously, they often are frustrating and stubborn, but they are welcome to share. In this case, Spike has had adequate time to make his points, but after a certain point, it becomes troll behavior.

This topic is about how the GB regulates who you can love, and who can love you. Statements that are in effect "Yeah, but Jehovah still loves you", and "I love you because I admonish you." are not relevant and imo, attempts at troll like baiting.

Spike could quell this himself by answering questions like a human being instead of being passive aggresive, but his history shows that he prefers the passive aggresive troll approach.

I am serious about asking the mods to look into this, even just so that they are aware.... It's not my board, and I have yard work to do anyway today...

• willyloman
    willyloman

I sometimes think Simon ought to post in quotes at the top of every page an old proverb:

"He that pelts every barking dog must pick up many stones."

There seems to be an irresistable urge on the part of most of us to interupt our discussion every time a dog barks around here. That disrupts the conversation, sometimes to the point that it actually kills a profound thread. And of course that is exactly why these dogs bark.

On the other hand, I have read some threads in which, at the first bark, someone posts: "Don't feed the trolls" and the rest of the posters get in line and completely ignore the dog and go on with the conversation. Inevitably, the dog goes off and barks at someone else.

If we stop to deal with every barking dog along the way, we will never get where we're going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit