Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i applaude anyone who helps people get their hyjacked family back!

roberto, did you ever have knowledge of the italian congregation that totally went anti-watchtower?

that story was amazing, people were being told to feed family members to the dogs just because they did not believe in the craptower anymore

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Winston,

Don't forget the words that Watchtower Corporation uses toward the entire rest of the world. For one example:

*** w06 12/15 p. 15 par. 3 “The Great Day of Jehovah Is Near” ***
    It will start with the destruction of “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, and culminate in the annihilation of the rest of the wicked system of things at the war of Armageddon.

There are abundant quotes where the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is salivating at the prospect of the destruction of not just an organization, but every single man, woman, and child that is not a JW. Watchtower rejoices at the destruction of not just the Catholic 'organization', or European governmental 'organization'. No, it's the destruction of every Catholic and every single non-JW European that Watchtower Corporation is lauding.

So, when someone says they want to make it "as destructive as possible for the Organization!", that's so tame. It's not like he said he wants to introduce every member of the GB to Madame Guillotine!... Although it has a very "Judge Rutherford" sound to it.

B the X

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Actually only what's wicked needs to be destroyed, and replaced by what's good and righteous.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Reniaa..Why would you care about an Organization(The WBT$),you publicly admit to not following..

Outlaw: I can guess why Reniaa continues to post the same tired arguments here, thread after thread, against all logic and reason. At the KH, in the JW organization, a disfellowshipped, single mom with no partner and a challenged child is the lowest of the low in the congregation pecking order. They can't even trot her out at assemblies as a good example of long suffering since she is df'd and not pioneering.

Compare that to the power she has to garner attention, 24/7, on this forum, albeit negative attention, but attention nonetheless. Look how much feedback she gets from everyone. Look at how she is able to derail any discussion on any topic and turn it around so that everyone is addressing her and paying attention to her. I daresay, this venue provides Renaii with the most power and attention she will ever have in her life.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

^^^^Good post! Hit the nail right on the head.^^^^

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Reniaa makes valid points, on topic, with sound reasoning, despite objections to the contrary. Although she did walk away with no announcement many years ago, she is involved in an off-&-on Bible study now that she's on JWN. The more accurate understanding she gets and puts into practice, the more wisdom she has, and the more holy spirit she has access to. The same is true for the rest of us, I dare say.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ignore the trolls...don't let them hijack an awesome thread...ignore the troll posting as 2 posters...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

correct, i want the organization destroyed.

i want the members safe and free

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Billy, I totally agree. But this is my point: Islam has called a jihad on America and chants "Death to America". Would the assertive, correct and fair response to that to engage in destroying Islam?

So I said I agree with what Roberto said, but "When you talk about destruction / don't you know that you can count me out" (with regards to Lennon, an anti-religion to the max).

So we can leave, we can expose, we can present the facts, and that will bring liberation to many. But I insist it's a disservice to the 'cause' (if you will) to use such language. Ray has never done that, and I think very few dispute his leadership and command.

Reniaa, you are at a distance; I'm within the organization, as an elder. The policy is flawed and it mostly works to protect the WTS, not the child. You have seen three or four cases? I know of dozens; first hand, no one told me, I've seen it happen.

Now, with your question: "Does the imperfect actions of people invalidate Jehovah and his son Jesus or the bible's words?" You know the anser is no, but you are trying to build a fallacy. An I'll take the timt o tell you why:

A) Imperfect actions is not the same as malicious cover up
    B) It does not invalidate God, Jesus and the Bible, but IT DOES invalidate the people misrepresentig them with their "imperfect actions"

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Billy, thanks for pointing this out. Just another example of double-standards by the WTS and JWs. It's interesting that if anyone criticizes their religion, then it's "persecution," but for some reason they don't think about the fact that a large part of the Witness identity revolves around criticizing other religions and eagerly awaiting their destruction.

Remember the 2006 tract campaign--"The End of False Religion is Near"? What does "False Religion" mean to a JW? It means every other religion except theirs! So, three years ago the Witnesses were covering the earth with a message that everyone who was not a member of their religion would soon be killed by God. And now they have the audacity to cry foul when someone criticizes their faith? Reminds me of an old proverb about a pot and a kettle.

And, don't be misled into thinking that Witnesses no longer teach that you must be a JW to survive Armageddon (which is right around the corner, remember!). Sure, they try not to put it in print because it makes them look bad, but make no mistake about it--the WTS absolutely teaches this. For example, in any month's Kingdom Ministry you will see the JW preaching work described as "a life-saving work." If God and Jesus are simply going to read hearts at Armageddon, how is the preaching work life-saving?

Also, recall the JW interpretation of the passage in Ezekiel regarding the man with the secretary's inkhorn. The JWs teach that in order to survive The End, you must be "marked for survival." I don't have the WT Library with me now, but I recall that the Society teaches that there are 3 components to the mark--one of which is being baptized as a Witness. So, if being baptized as a Witness is part of the "mark" that is required for survival, how could you survive without being a Witness?

With this background, isn't it ironic (don't ya think) that people who eagerly await the "imminent" destruction of 7 BILLION humans start whining when someone criticizes their religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit