Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    show me one set of God's people that didn't have organisational issues due to imperfection?

That's impossible for me to do Reniaa, as I don't accept your assumed premise that any people are "God's people" or that people in general are "imperfect". Humans are as they are, and they create their God's in their own image, according to what they value in this life. That's one reason, I have no burning desire to save any JW's or anyone else from their beliefs. In some respects, we get the God we deserve, in that we create one in our minds that is a reflection of our own level of spirituality or lack thereof. I left JW's because I thought I deserved better, a God who was more compassionate than I, not less so. (I'm still looking in vain, btw). :-)

When we transcend the need for a primitive, patriarchal, parent God, who gives us rules and tells us what to think, do, say and wear, and claims to provide us with easy black and white choices to all life's dilemmas, then we will "grow up" spirituality and move out/on.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

reading is an excellent skill that takes spiritual insight to do correctly

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If Reniaa lives in a fantasy world part of the time, I dare say that comes with the territory of being an imperfect person. We watch TV, which portrays fantasy. We dream when we sleep properly. Dreams may contain fantasy elements. The devil and his demons have had conversations with perfect people such as Eve and Jesus. The world the devil and the demons love is fantasy. So, we must be careful with the claims we make, lest we be judged by them ourselves, which is quite fitting when we think about it.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

so now Cog is her own goddess. It happens all the time in a self-worshipping world, what with glamour and power trips and birthdays and promotions and all the other forms of bestowing honour on mere mortals.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

forms of bestowing honour on mere mortals.

Where are you going to draw the line on "bestowing honour"? Please Spike, really. "Self worship", am I doing this when I brush my teeth, getting ready for a promotion which I worked hard to acheive? To what extent is "looking after yourself" considered "self worship"?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Not everything (other than the type in the bible) is black and white Spike.

And there is no need to defend Ren by picking at Cog. It's about love, remember?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

we each observe what we do, and report our views as we see fit, just as Jehovah allowed, by the gift of free will, which I choose to exercise, even here.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

forms of bestowing honour on mere mortals.

Where are you going to draw the line on "bestowing honour"? Please Spike, really. "Self worship", am I doing this when I brush my teeth, getting ready for a promotion which I worked hard to acheive? To what extent is "looking after yourself" considered "self worship"?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

when it's vain

• metatron
    metatron

If the Devil loves fantasy, he must be greatly enamoured of any organization that endlessly utters glorious false prophecies across nearly 130 years.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit