How many of you knew about the"Jesus is not your Mediator" teaching when you were JWs??

by Lady Liberty 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks Wobble for that quote. The WT basically rewrites the words at Timothy while say there is one mediator between God and men to say God and some men.

As a side point, they also miss that TImothy is calling the risen Jesus a man, not a spirit.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Notice that the bible says there is a new covenant, not covenants!

Jeremiah 31:31 Luke 22:20 1 Corinthians 11:25 2 Corinthians 2:12 2 Corinthians 3:6 Hebrews 8:8 Hebrews 9:15 Hebrews 12:24

You either have an agreement (covenant) with Jesus or you don't.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (New International Version)

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

All the best,

Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

S pike

The Jesus of the WT, isn't qualified to be a mediator between God and Man. He does not adequately represent God.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

I didn't know until I came here.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The Jesus of the WT, isn't qualified to be a mediator between God and Man. He does not adequately represent God.

Agree! The WT say He is "a god", of which there are many.

That is not what this says

John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

All the best,

Stephen

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, many if not most jws still would answer that Jesus is their mediator....they don't get or won't get the WTS explanation.

1 Timothy 2:1-7 Is Paul discussing the new covenant or prayer? How does the WTS apply it?

(1 Timothy 2:1-7) 2

I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

jws believe that Jesus is the mediator between then and God when it comes to prayer, between all not just a select few.

*** w04 2/1 p. 14 par. 6 Jehovah Provides Our Daily Needs ***The next request in the model prayer is: "Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors." (Matthew 6:12) Jesus was not here speaking of debts of money. He had in mind the forgiveness of our sins. In Luke’s record of the model prayer, this request reads: "Forgive us our sins, for we ourselves also forgive everyone that is in debt to us." (Luke 11:4) Thus, when we sin, it is as if we incur a debt to Jehovah. But our loving God is prepared to ‘blot out,’ or cancel, that debt if we sincerely repent, "turn around," and ask him for forgiveness on the basis of faith in Christ’s ransom sacrifice.—Acts 3:19; 10:43; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6.

*** w04 4/1 p. 32 Should We Call Upon Angels for Help? ***God has determined that prayers be addressed to him in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, who said: "No matter what you ask the Father in my name he might give it to you."—John 15:16; 1 Timothy 2:5.

*** w02 7/1 p. 8 Worship God "in Spirit" ***Is it proper to pray to Jesus’ earthly mother, Mary, or to particular "saints," asking them to intercede with God in one’s behalf? The Bible’s direct answer is: "There is only one mediator between God and mankind, himself a man, Christ Jesus."—1 Timothy 2:5.

*** w97 2/15 p. 28 Agreement Between "God’s Temple" and Idols in Greece? **Furthermore, in a very clear way, the Scriptures rule out the idea of praying to "saints" in order for them to act as intercessors with God. In his model prayer, Jesus taught that prayers are to be addressed to the Father only, since he directed his disciples: "You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.’" (Matthew 6:9) Jesus further stated: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." And the apostle Paul stated: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus."—John 14:6, 14; 1 Timothy 2:5.

• Will Power
    Will Power

The slick businessmen running this cult have used this concept to its fullest!.

JWs already believe that only 144,000 are spiritual and the rest of them are relying on "the flesh" so to speak.

twisting the "Jesus as mediator" concept from the bible puts their leadership in a fantastic position.

They explain a mediator as a sort of legal representative. Hey guess what? Brooklyn has lawyers! The governing body is actually your mediator!

You are so blessed to be in association with this cult. You have your very own Jesus made up of 12 governing body members. AND since they are the faithful and discreet slave Jehovah wants you to follow them. Because the JWs are the only ones who use his name!

Wow, it must be the truth!

Please just make the cheque out to the worldwide work.

wp

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

If you have put in your study time and find nothing wrong or incorrect with WT teachings, that is fine, I can respect that.

I myself have found quite a bit wrong and incorrect, sometimes manipulative, othertimes dangerous and oftentime non-christian.

It is soley my humble opinion and I may be proven wrong or confirmed right, either way I question ALL ( Not just the WT) doctrines and I do so with the knowledge that I DON'T know, but are seeking the Truth.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

well said will power. What the JW does not realize is that being left to the flesh so dependent on those of the spirit for salvation vilates Romans ch 8. Rom 8 makes it clear that either you have the Spirit and are in Christ or do not have the spirit and are of the flesh. Those of the flesh have no life or peace. That's it- those are the 2 classes. Those who have the Spirit and belong to Christ have Jesus as their mediator and high priest. Those who do not do not belong to him in any way. Nowhere is scripture is there a secondary class of Christians.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chalam

Agree! The WT say He is "a god", of which there are many.

Actually, they teach he was just a man. They say the price would be to great if Jesus was God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit