How many of you knew about the"Jesus is not your Mediator" teaching when you were JWs??

by Lady Liberty 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Baptists, Calvary Chapelists, Fundamentalists et al........now there is a good place for the S word.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Baptist!? :)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Which of course is why we reject 99% of the drivel you come up with Scholar Spike Tassel.

Why only 99?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, when I was told that Jesus was the mediator only for the annopinted, that was one of the first "warning signals" that made me look deeply into the JW's doctrines.

Micahel was the other and 1914 was the "nail on the coffin" sort of speaking.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I've looked at all of that as it was being studied. I found no probs, and still find no probs.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike said:

I've looked at all of that as it was being studied. I found no probs, and still find no probs.

My reply:

Of course not, your mind is captive to them.

1: Actually, when I was told that Jesus was the mediator only for the annopinted, that was one of the first "warning signals" that made me look deeply into the JW's doctrines.

The Bible shows no such limitation, nor does it show unannointed Christians.

2: Micahel was the other and

Hebrews ch 1 shows Jesus is not of the angelic class....Jude shows Michael not having the authority to rebuke Satan, yet Jesus did at will, Revelation shows Jesus to be other than the voice of the archangel shoting in Thes.

3: 1914 was the "nail on the coffin" sort of speaking.

Arrived at by linking unrelated versing, each link requiring a huge leap of logic...and then a proven wrong starting date of 607BCE. Violation of jesus words too- Jesus stated upon his resurrection that all power had been given him in heaven and earth. How much more could he receive in 1914?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

All the studies that Isaac has to catch up on. For one thing, Ussher's dates have been proven faulty, but are still used in textbooks, just as the evolution nonsense.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

586/587 has not been prven faulty. The Bible itself works well with that date. History, astronomy, bank records, all verifiable history confirms it. Nothing, zero, nada, not one single shred of evidence supports 607BCE. I am not the one who needs to keep up with the times vassal.

Again vassal, we have wise people- they learn from others mistakes- does that fit you? Smart people- they learn from their own mistakes- you? Doesn't seems so? Stupid people- never learn- seems to fit you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

It is interesting that some advocates of the WT beliefs offer no response to the points I have raised but instead resort to switching focus to other doctrinal issues or just plain name calling.

I have more respect for Reniaa who attempts to prove a biblical response to the points raised.

Anyhow, as it is written, Christ is actually the offense stumbling block so none of it belongs to me :)

Proverbs 17:9 (New International Version)

9 He who covers over an offense promotes love

Proverbs 19:11 (New International Version)

11 A man's wisdom gives him patience;
    it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Peter 2:8 (New International Version)

8 and,
    "A stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

All the best,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

The WT book, "Insight on the scriptures" vol 2 page 362 para 7 under the subheading :" Blessings to Mankind in General" says:

"While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant..............."

The Bible says different. It plainly says Jesus is mediator for ALL men,and He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit