How many of you knew about the"Jesus is not your Mediator" teaching when you were JWs??

by Lady Liberty 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ataloa
    ataloa

I didn't know about it until going over my last set of baptismal questions. The elder told me Jesus was only the mediator for the anointed and all the rest of us were just "wannabe christians".

I just thought as an individual, he must have misunderstood something, and really didn't think any more of it. I didn't realize it was a society teaching.

• oompa
    oompa
    Cattails:
    cat.......screw the bible......

Oompa. No....screw you buddy!

I say that regretfully cause I like you but...get a life...

and stop raggin' on the Bible. It brings hope to many.

It does to me, it's what keeps me going. It's what helps

me stay sane somedays.

Thanks cat.....really feelin the christian love!....sure glad you like me!.....the point of my post is there is no way in the world to know what was originaly written by god if he ever did..... and i will not stop raggin on a book with so many sick rules and regs in it such as raped little girls having to marry their rapists!!!....if it helps you stay sane, fine.......likewise, it nearly drove me insane..........oompa

and i bet you love Pauls comments that women are to be TOTALLY SILENT when at worship services!!!........curious, just how did you come to choose this book the Holy Bible as the fix for you?.......i don't suppose you early growing environment had anything to do with it?.....i bet you would be choosing a different book to keep you sane if you had been born in Iran, or India maybe???........just a thought......

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Jesus is specifically mediator to the covenant between between annointed and God it is a specific purpose and job.

Hebrews 8:6
    But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

you really need to research the mediator role and the new covenant arrangement.

Reniaa

My reply:

Oh I agree Jesus is the mediator between annointed and God. All Christians are annointed. Show me scriptures that detail unannointed Christians. I have researched the mediator role and the new covenant arragement. It is an awesome arragement. You need to read Romans ch 8 in its entirety and try to figure out where an unannointed Chirstian is mentioned.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

and even if there were 2 classes of Christians, which there are not, Heb 8:6 does not limit the role of Jesus to mediator of this supposed upper class. While you are in Heb 8 let's go further:

3 For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one.
    But he finds fault with them and says: 4 "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they did not stand by my covenant and I ignored them, says the Lord.
    But this is the covenant I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    And they shall not teach, each one his fellow citizen and kinsman, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know me, from least to greatest.

Hmm sounds like what the WT is doing.

For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more."
    5 When he speaks of a "new" covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing.

What the WT is doing is truly a Judaiazed New Covenant. They are a reversion to the Old Covenant...and like the first one they are obsolete.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the proud say many things which the humble must reject

• Mary
    Mary

Which of course is why we reject 99% of the drivel you come up with Scholar Spike Tassel.

I was shocked when I found out about this teaching and knew nothing about it up until about 7 years ago when I did a post on it: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/31986/1/JESUS-NOT-THE-MEDIATOR

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I agree spike...That is why I rejected the WT and came to Jesus.

Wise people learn from others mistakes. Smart people learn from the mistakes of others. Stupid people, such as yourself, never learn. I wouldn't call it humility spike as much I as I would call the situation of WT captives that of a whipped dog.

• designs
    designs

Talk about stupid.......the trinity god- who tortures people for all Eternity, now that's a wing dinger!

And adults actually bought into this crap.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

right, Isaac? [notice, I haven't called you by anything other than isaacaustin or Isaac; and I haven't called you stupid]

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Because I am not stupid. As far as you- I call it like it is. I gave you descriptive names that match you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit