**** Some people don't teach their children manners. Grrr. ****

by FlyingHighNow 277 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've gotta look up Elaine Bennes.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I went Japan a number of years back, and was there for a month. I lived among Japanese people, and they are the EPITOMY of polite. Not ALL the time, but very often, when a vehicle is stopped at ared light, they dim their lights, so they don't shine into the eyes of drivers on the other side of the intersection. Light turns green. Lights back on and off they go.

Old and young people, speak freely and openly together too. Mutual respect at it's finest.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN, Whose grave did you walk on to warrant such strong reactions? My goodness! They cussed you out. Good for you not cussing them out in return. You took the high road on this thread.

Thank you.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Elaine Bennes is a character on Seinfeld who couldn't let anything go and had to make a scene where ever she was, whether she meant to or not. She was always right and demanded her way. George was similar that way but lazy and very cheap. It was so funny on the show. Newman was selfish and scheming, getting his own way in a sneaky way. He's my favorite.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It really is quite simple: The seat was EMPTY! DUH!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

White Dove, I love Elaine! I didn't know her last name. Newman is my favorite, too. I love Wayne knight. He's just so deliciously evil. George is mush.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Although I think it was a little rude to mention anything at all to the woman other than, "You are saving ALL of these ADULT sized seats for your LITTLE CHILDREN? Ooookay." going and getting a little kid chair from the kiddy section and bringing it on over to the adult section and letting her see you sitting in it is a really good message, I think. I like how Elaine Bennes might have done it Oh, can you imagine how THAT might have gone? Hahaha!

I love it! If only I had her writers. This is just cute and you know, I think it's a good idea.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah yeah yeah! Play up the discomfort a bit and see her squirm. She'd be the one who looks like Umbrage. Hahaha! George is nasty. Yuck. Jason Alexander is really talented to play him so well as to make us really dislike George. Oh, and I just love Georgie's mothuh:)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I went Japan a number of years back, and was there for a month. I lived among Japanese people, and they are the EPITOMY of polite. Not ALL the time, but very often, when a vehicle is stopped at ared light, they dim their lights, so they don't shine into the eyes of drivers on the other side of the intersection. Light turns green. Lights back on and off they go.
    Old and young people, speak freely and openly together too. Mutual respect at it's finest.

I have noticed this, too. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's very nice When different generations enjoy each other's company.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not sure who Umbrage is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit