Michael Jackson is Dead!

by slimboyfat 216 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

Didn't Macaulay Culkin testify that during all his sleep overs with Michael nothing ever happened? I remember seeing an interview with Culkin a few years ago. He made no excuses for Michael and denied ever being the close friends the media portrayed them as, but he was also quite adamant Michael wasn't a molester.

MissingLink... you're making assumptions without any proof.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I can see this is a sensitive issue.

IMHO, although Michael was fodder for much humor around the court case and life style, there are so many well known people who really knew him, that I feel if he ever did what what he was accused of, they would drop him like a hot potato. They are not hangers on or people that need his money.

I feel like the father of one of the accusers said, it was a "win win" situation for them to make these allegations. And it is the DA's job to prosecute. I think Michael made poor choices, and I think he doesn't "get it" about his behavior, which is naive and stupid. But nothing has been proven, and a settlement doesn't equate guilt.

All accusations against JW's doesn't equate guilt either. The problem with JW's is their whole procedure in this area. Their refusal to turn it over to the authorities is evil IMO.

• Yizuman
  • truthlover
    truthlover

I dont know if this is relevant but Larry King put himself on the line last night on CNN (with the accusers family) by saying he heard lawyers talking in a restaurant to the fact that these people were scamming MJ ---so Larry went to the DA and told them he would testify-- but they could not subpeona Larry as it was hearsay - he overheard it and could not testify on Michael's behalf.... yet the lawyers knew Larry would not put his career on the line unless it was true

TL

• caliber
    caliber

Strange things happen to the rich and famous I heard of one such story where a famous NBA player did have sex

with a women, with a condom. As the story came out she retrieved the condom with it's contents

share it with one of her girl friends who became pregnant and this women sued for child support with DNA evidence.

The truth came out in the end but it shows to what extent greed will take some people !

Somewhat off topic but does make a point !

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Not only doesn't a settlement equate guilt, for anyone including JW elders, but MJ was not an organization with double tongued policies. He was by all accounts, a naive kid of a man, who probably lacked good judgment in many areas. His friends describe him as intensely lonely, unable to really interact with adults. Mouthy is absolutely correct. Love needs to expressed for BOTH. That is the Christian way and the humane way. In the end MJ is gone and can do no new harm to anyone, if indeed he ever did.

• truthlover
    truthlover

911 call from MJ's home now on CNN after the commercial

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I have worked in the child sexual abuse field coordinating investigations with psychologists and DA's. In fact, I worked in Santa Barbara County where MJ was prosecuted and I can tell you that Santa Barbara County is very aggressive and progressive about child sexual abuse investigation and prosecution. We were one of the first in the nation to establish that childrens' videotaped testimony is admissable in court, so that the child does not have to be traumatized over and over in telling their story.

I did not work on the Jackson case, but I worked with others who did, including the DA Tom Sneddon who tried more than once to nail Jackson. I do not claim inside knowledge of that case.

But I do know this: there is a type of child molester who genuinely loves children. Enjoys their company. Believes that the child enjoys the touching too. Believes that they are not hurting the child, but giving them the love they need and want. One of the first things a therapist must address with a pedophile is to convince them that what they are doing hurts the child. This is a huge hurdle.

I have no doubt that Michael Jackson was this type of molester. I believe he truly enjoyed spending time with children. And I believe that he could have been in total denial that sexual touching was hurting the child. Sad.

• C. T. Russell
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

DA's are infamous for having personal agendas and railroading, even helping to frame innocent people. Not all, but some DA's and their teams. People have gone all the way through death row and been executed and later proved innocent: too late. And then it would come to light that the prosecution had some prejudice or just wanted someone convicted.

Look at all the kids who came to his defense. The only ones making accusations had no credibility and were looking for payouts. Parents settling out of court over abused children? Come on. If a parent had a molested kid, he'd be going to hell and back to make Jackson pay. You're being media fodder and looking for an excuse to exercise your own hatred.

What John has said here is very important. If you were a parent who thought someone molested your child, even a very high profile, wealthy person, wouldn't you want the person convicted in a criminal court? That would not preclude you from suing the molester. How in the world could money, any amount, be more important than getting a child molester convicted and off the streets?

If those parents were really concerned about their boy and other children, they would not have slept until Michael was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced to the fullest extent of the law. Then they could have sued and been credible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit