Michael Jackson is Dead!

by slimboyfat 216 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If you were a parent who thought someone molested your child, even a very high profile, wealthy person, wouldn't you want the person convicted in a criminal court? That would not preclude you from suing the molester. How in the world could money, any amount, be more important than getting a child molester convicted and off the streets?
    If those parents were really concerned about their boy and other children, they would not have slept until Michael was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced to the fullest extent of the law. Then they could have sued and been credible.

Are you serious? This would be in some parallel universe where all parents always put their children's welfare first. Did you know that some parents sexually molest, beat, prostitute, sell and murder their own children? Taking a little blackmail hush money (or a lot) is nothing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    I have no doubt that Michael Jackson was this type of molester. I believe he truly enjoyed spending time with children. And I believe that he could have been in total denial that sexual touching was hurting the child. Sad.

This is exactly what I'm referring to COULD have been the case with MJ. He seemed so naive and out of touch that it seems plausible he could have this view. I've had this happen in my own family and have seen it firsthand.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I was never a MJ fan. I recall we had a Jackson Five record at home in the early 70s (still have the ABC song in mind) -- don't remember if it was destroyed in the general autodafe of "worldly" music when that part of my family became JWs (we were definitely not aware of the Jacksons' JW connection back then).

When he reached the top in the early 80s I was in Bethel and had not been following the current pop production for years. I heard the French Branch received many letters from Witnesses asking whether he was a JW, and they answered negatively to a number of them until they eventually decided to check the issue with "Brooklyn". ;)

I was not particularly attracted to his kind of music or show but from the little I heard and saw since I think he was a very talented person -- his stage performance was impressive even if you didn't like the style.

Imo the MJ phenomenon and fate has little to do with his particular JW upbringing; he was the product and reflection of a society with its myths and contradictions about ego, sex, childhood, "plastic" body, eternal youth and so on.

RIP.

• Diva
  • Diva
    Diva

Missing Link - So Michael Jackson, damned if he is, damned if he isn't? Do you foget he was tried by a jury (many of them were probably more than willing to see MJ go down for his alledged crime), yet they were unable to find ANY evidence to find him guilty, yeah and I bet they would of loved to.

It was obvious that the kids mother was a greedy, nasty, blackmailing liar and whose stories never held up in a court of law.

Therefore Michael was found INNOCENT of the crime. INNOCENT = NOT GUILTY

By the way I'm a mother of one,and would kill will with my bare hands any peado who so as much lay a finger on my daughter.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I respectfully disagree with you, Bizzy, on Michael. I understand your point of view. I don't share it in the case of Michael or the parents of the boy who settled for the $15,000,000. I believe they were disgruntled opportunists who saw their "gravy/perk train" coming to a hault.

• shopaholic
  • WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I remember where I was when I heard Elvis Presley was dead in 1977. Like time stopped at that moment too. My husband at the time idolized Elvis deeply. And Elvis even with all his money and fame was extreeeeeemely unhappy. Surrounded by people who only want to ass kiss and give him whatever he wanted including a doctor prescribing med after med. Elvis deeply loved and missed his mom who died at age 42 way too young. And I believe he only wanted to be with his momma again and saw nothing else on the planet that could give him happiness but that.

I think Michael was in pain most of his life. The stage was his way of hiding from the pain for a little while but reality always comes back when the high wears off.

He wanted to be a dad and show that he could do a better job of it than his own dad did. I think he wanted to be a child because he was cheated out of being one. I think he loved God and always felt like he let God down too...

Its a miserable existence. At least now he isnt hurting any more.

• slimboyfat
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder where JCanon is these days. Maybe he would have some seductive way of claiming this as a sign of the apocalypse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit