Michael Jackson is Dead!

by slimboyfat 216 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Someone else posted on another forum they heard on the radio Michael Jackson is dead.

• asilentone
    asilentone

let me tune in CNN now.

• leavingwt
  • TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Yup! Just came here to see if it had been discussed...

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/ny-michaeljackson0626,0,57920.story

That's three this week; always seems to happen in threes for some reason.

• yknot
    yknot

Apparently it is so..... 50 years old.

• Mary
    Mary

Holy shit! I just turned on CNN and heard it. Farrah Fawcett just died too.

• Sad emo
  • Mickey mouse
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am watching CNN and they are only reporting that he has been hospitolized.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In thinking about Michael Jackson's life, so many people will remember him as a freak.

Honestly, his Jehovah's Witness upbringing affected him and his later decisions. He was taught that he was blessed by Jehovah, if only he followed all the Watchtower rules. He was taught that those who were non-JW would die in Armegheddon. Black/white thinking and us/them mentality. Follow the rules. Avoid independent thinking, this world was short and nothing in it mattered.

Contrasted to his father who was worldly, taking him to night clubs to perform and pushing him to get money.

His sister came out with a story of being sexually abused. So many "silent lambs" among the JW children, that I think she likely has merit. Michael's alledged playing with children, while not condoned is likely a product of his past. A past where the elders told wives to stay submissive to overbearing fathers, and to "shut up" about abuse, even molestation.

He also had to be a martyr at school, not celebrating holidays or soluting the flag. Any way to make him feel like he was separate. As a kid, I felt like a cockroach when the holidays came. I wanted to hide under a school cabinet. But, my momma told me that I was to be proud for not participating in such "worldly" activities that looked like so much fun. I was told that if I wanted to be a part of it, I had Satan in my heart.

I feel sorry for Michael Jackson. His life was hell as a child, as ours was. He was a puppet.

..............as for Farrah........I feel like when we lost Princess Dianna. Farrah was a valiant lady, whose bones were made of courage and her skin of grace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit