Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi chalam

Peter was quoting joel 2:32 in acts 2:21 so he definitely meant YHVH/jehovah in reference.

Reniaa

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniaa said: the scriptures I showed clearly establish that pagan celebrations are a no go, because the christians saw them ALL as promoting gluttony, drunkeness and over indulgences etc.

Ever been to a Witness wedding? Gluttony, drunkeness and overindulgences are routine at these events. Guess that makes them all 'pagan' eh?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa:

hi chalam

Peter was quoting joel 2:32 in acts 2:21 so he definitely meant YHVH/jehovah in reference.

Reniaa

My reply:

How do you know he quoted him verbatim?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I normally like serious biblical stuff but this is worth repeating

That Smurfs are bad.

LOL!

OK back to the important stuff.

The WT claim being born again is not for all believers but for only a select few.

John 1:12-13 (New International Version)

12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Galatians 6:15 (New International Version)

15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi reniaa,

So how do you understand the NWT contradiction I pointed out two chapters later?

Who is the name by which we are saved?

Acts 4 says there is only one name by which we can be saved. Is is "Jehovah" from NWT Acts 2 or "Jesus" from NWT Acts 4?

Look forward to finding out which one. I want to be saved :)

All the best,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Chalam, it would be YHWH- who is revealed to us in the person of Jesus. That is the name we must call on. The WT's insertion, and removal of Jesus from the equation prevents its captives from calling on Jesus.

• reniaa
    reniaa

baptism was a jewish practise that gentiles underwent, the purification of water was very much part of Jewish law. saying pagans baptised so baptism is pagan is like saying marriage is pagan because pagans had marriages. That both did them is obvous but assuming Jews got it from pagans when their law is full of water purifcation aspects is just assumption.

the problem with festivals is that they are celebrations to the Gods they did and do still worship. All the jewish festivals were to Jehovah and okay because of that.

How is it a blessing on Jesus to take a celebration that was for satanalia and say "its yours now"?

The fact food sacrificed to idols was ok was because it was just food a thing itself isn't pagan but how we view it. pagan festivals are still practised as pagan and to pagan things they at best pay lip service to God and Jesus but people have to decide for themselves on this.

Then we have bible examples of the jews that did do pagan practises herod etc

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

baptism was a jewish practise that gentiles underwent, the purification of water was very much part of Jewish law. saying pagans baptised so baptism is pagan is like saying marriage is pagan because pagans had marriages. That both did them is obvous but assuming Jews got it from pagans when their law is full of water purifcation aspects is just assumption.

the problem with festivals is that they are celebrations to the Gods they did and do still worship. All the jewish festivals were to Jehovah and okay because of that.

My reply:

They WERE celebrations...who do you know who still celebrates Saturnalia and worship the sun god? None. Looks like Christmas won out. You have yet to prove your 'problem' from the bible.

How is it a blessing on Jesus to take a celebration that was for satanalia and say "its yours now"?

My reply: Quite simply...it is not a celebration to the sun...it is a day to give honor to Jesus...something Paul clearly says is not objectionable.

The fact food sacrificed to idols was ok was because it was just food a thing itself isn't pagan but how we view it. pagan festivals are still practised as pagan and to pagan things they at best pay lip service to God and Jesus but people have to decide for themselves on this.

My reply: And a day is simply a day. A false god is nothing/ Some may at best pay lip service to God...JWs pay only lip service to God...as they follw the GB. Many Christians observe Christmas with a view to give honor to Jesus. There is no objections scripturally to this....except on judging one for their obsevrance or lack thereof.

Then we have bible examples of the jews that did do pagan practises herod etc

Reniaa

My reply: For the third time- If we were to assume that Rom 14 applied only to Jewish festivals...why has the GB taken it upon themselves to take away from their captives the freedom that you yourself agree Paul gave them?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    pagan festivals are still practised as pagan and to pagan things they at best pay lip service to God and Jesus but people have to decide for themselves on this.

By what you have said here Reniaa, then this should be a matter of conscience, but the reality with the WTS on these matters is the people do not get to make the decision, the faithful and discreet slave class, which is in essence the men in Brooklyn, make these decisions.......there is no gray area, if you don't adhere (and you get caught), you are out.....so loving.

• oompa
    oompa

renny did not answer to my point of what the crap do origins matter?....when even the WT says the same damm thing whenever they want to about some practice.....oompa

i would love to see a survey of the gen. pop. about every holiday to see if they are aware of the origin......most would say "so what?...that is not why i do it".......doesn't MOTIVE MATTER???.......intent is everything.......

see if dubs judge you for a b-day or holiday.......they are "imputing wrong motives"!!!!.........taboo in dubland

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit