Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Romans 10:9-13 takes the cake on the insertion of Jehovah. All preceding verses show confessing Jesus and declaring him..then all of a sudden verse 13 says to call on Jehovah. Now, Jehovah is the name of the Divine Being so Jesus can rightly be called Jehovah. But it is changing the word of God to make this change. And it is what the JWs do with this change- since they teach on ly the Father is Jehovah they are keeping their members from coming to Jesus.

• oompa
    oompa
    Reniaa :I see alot of justifications to allow things you know the bible disapproves of, particularily festivals to falseGods being made over to Jesus without consideration that Jesus would not want unclean rituals from false Gods put on him. romans 14 is a good chapter IF YOU READ IT ALL not just the bit you like.

What the crap difference does the origin make everybody?.....even WT makes MANY exceptions to the rule of "well it used to be pagan, but nobody thinks of it that way now"......hell most people dont even KNOW it!.....but anti-birthdays are the WORST imo........SO WHAT if the only two mentioned in the bible where non-christian and bad things happened?....hell bad news today is reported way more than good news.....they are an historical mention and prob in there because bad things happend...duh..............does ANYBODY think that bad crap happened a MOST birthdays?......if they did NOBODY would be doing them, esp. if somebody had to die at every birthday party....geeze........oompa

plus the mosaic law had laws for every frikkin thing under the sun......so why no mention of "you must not celebrate the day of your birth, and if you do you are unclean for seven days, must kill your finest bull in sacrifice and bury a black cat under a full moon at the base of an olive tree".....oompa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey oompa...great points.

Good to see ya!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would say John the baptist makes the pagan origin argument null and void. Baptism is of pagan origin, predating Christianity. John did not seem to concerned....nor did Jesus or his apostles.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would say John the baptist makes the pagan origin argument null and void. Baptism is of pagan origin, predating Christianity. John did not seem to concerned....nor did Jesus or his apostles.

• minimus
    minimus

This has turned into a great thread. I hope lurkers might see this and recognize the obvious.

• Diva
    Diva
    Reniaa :I see alot of justifications to allow things you know the bible disapproves of, particularily festivals to falseGods being made over to Jesus without consideration that Jesus would not want unclean rituals from false Gods put on him. romans 14 is a good chapter IF YOU READ IT ALL not just the bit you like.

I take it you didn't get married , wear a white dress, have a wedding cake, never went on honeymoon. I assume your not wearing a wedding ring Reniaa -

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Women wearing slacks or pants is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

That celebrating Thanksgiving is bad......the Bible even talks of a celebration of the harvest in the OT.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Heaven: That the gates of heaven closed in 1935.

I believe that has changed and the gates are once again open. Maybe someone can verify that.

Minimus: other churches (including mine) do believe in a thousand year reign, but all will live on earth. (Associated Gospel, Pentecostal, Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah to name a few)

Some things JW's believe that are not actually Biblically provable:

That Jesus is Mediator only for the 144,000

That the 144,000 have heavenly hope vs Great Crowd with earthly hope

That Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David have an earthly hope while the janitor down the street, because he is a JW and a feeling, will have a heavenly hope

They reject the divinity of Jesus despite the biblical evidence and yet accept that he is Michael with flimsy evidence of three scriptures.

That Jesus, Michael, is also Abaddon, the Destroyer and that the locusts are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Acts 9:11They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon. [a]

That the New Testament is written for and about Jehovah's Witnesses

That God has rejected the Jews and the Jehovah's Witnesses are now the Spiritual Israel.

That the JW's are the true witnesses of God, yet in the New Testament we are the witnesses of Christ.

Acts 1: 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit