Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that the crucial issue with the diffent denominations are not the CORE of their beliefs as much as it is that they focus on interpretations over scripture.

While the Trininy is NOT scripture, for no where is it plainly stated that, neither is Jesus being Michael, neither is not celebrating holidays or Bdays, neither is 1914 or any date for that matter.

Undertsanding the difference between what is scripture and what is interpretation would help many people go a long way to getting along better and being more open to dialoge.

• wobble
    wobble

Although I am always open to debate, I don't particularly want to get along with people who want to force me to accept what is not plainly taught in the bible, if it aint there, shut the f*** up about it.

Back to Topic, That the Org. is "Spirit Directed" that there even is any need for a Borg.

Love

Wobble

• Heaven
    Heaven

That Armageddon is coming in: 1878, 1914, 1919, 1925, 1938, 1940, 1975...etc..etc...etc

• minimus
    minimus

That the internet is "bad".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

That a molested child needs two witneses.

That theocratic warfare includes only telling the truth to those who "deserve" to know it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like that freedom for each individual to decide whether or not to celebrate a given holiday. The Bible details the first Christmas celebration as perfect angels rejoicing and celebrating Christ's birth--at Luke 2:10-14. Nowhere does it say after that those angels became demons after that incident.

I would like to see where in the Bible it tells the majority of Christians to merely observe the Lord's Evening meal without partaking. As I see it, everyone present should be allowed to partake without being shamed out of it, and told that the majority of people will not be partaking. If they are going to worship, they might as well do it according to what the Bible itself directs. If they are going to not go by the Bible, they should at least be upfront about it and not force their interpretations upon people.

Of which there is one thing the witlesses do not believe that can be proven from the Bible--at 1Thess 4:11. Mind your own damn business.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Minimus, you should rename this the "Shooting Big Dumb Fish in a Barrel" thread.

How about the whole hiearchy? Where in the hell are there Districts, Circuits, DO's, CO's, Aux Pioneers, Reg Pioneers, Special Pioneers (rolling eyes) Branch/Assembly Hall/District Conv/Circuit Ass/Judicial/Appeal/ Committees mentioned???? (just to name a scant few?)

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Door to door preaching.

No beards.

Reporting hours spent in preaching.

Shunning all disfellowshipped ones.

Demanding complete obedience to the organization.

Bangalore

• minimus
    minimus

that JWs will live on a Paradise earth. That really is unprovable!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Baptizing minors.

Disfellowshipping minors.

Shunning minors.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit